Three

"Matt you are home," Troye immediately sprung up from his bed when he heard the front door being unlocked with a key as he tried to fix his hair and put on a fake smile.

A brown, wavy haired guy stumbled to the living room, crashing on the couch as Troye immediately ran next to him to tend to him.

"Matt are you drunk again? I told you not to drink much, didn't I?" Troye questioned, placing a hand on the drunk guy's shoulder as the guy looked up at him with swollen lipstick stained lips and angry, red bloodshot eyes.

Troye did not seemed to be surprised by it. He was used to it.

"You dirty... Slut," Matt slurred, grabbing a fistful of Troye's curls as Troye flinched quietly, not letting out any noise because he knew that he loved Matt a lot. And he still believed that Matt would love him in the same way they once loved each other.

"Matt, calm down, please, you are going to be sick," Troye pleaded, his nose red as his eyes focused on the tiled floor.

But before he could say anything else, a sharp and sturdy slap rested across his cheek, leaving marks as he closed his eyes to try and not let the small whimper trapped inside him out.

And then another and another until Troye plummeted down to the ground, his body just too weak to take the hits anymore.

He was breathing heavily and his lip was bruised, a small drip of blood flowing down from his lips as he pressed his lips together.

And then there was a huge kick on his stomach which made him clutch his stomach in despair. And the hits and blows and kicks continued until Matt was too tired to continue anymore.

"I don't even know why I am with you whore," Matt said, grabbing Troye's hair again before smashing his face to the floor and Troye just remained silent. That was probably his biggest scream- his silence.

Matt stumbled on the couch again, letting out a groan of frustration before he coughed and threw up on the couch, coughing violently and calling out some profanities to Troye at which Troye just sobbed silently,

Matt passed out soon and Troye sniffled as he wiped his tears and carried the drunk boy to the bedroom, changing his clothes into some comfortable night wear and pyjamas and he did notice the hickeys on Matt's chest.

He carried the boy to their bed, wrapping his body around a warm blanket and kissing his blanket.

He watched Matt sleep peacefully and smiled sadly, running his fingers through the guy's hair.

And then he went to clean the couch, his usual routine.

He went to the bathroom, stripping his clothes off and looking at the new bruises clinging to his pale skin, grazing his fingers over them before he sat in the bathtub of hot water, crying again.

Matt was always not like this. He was different.

They were in love,

They were.