Nine

Jacob did not care about the traffic signals and the speed of his car as he drove it through the semi empty streets.

He was so nervous, he could hear his own heartbeat against his chest and he was just so angry, his knuckles gripping on to the steering wheel.

He wanted to just stop the car and sob. He should have been there for Troye but he was not and this is what happened.

And he blamed himself.

If only he had been more careful, nothing like this would have happened.

Stopping his car abruptly in front of the gate of Matt and Troye's house, he aggressively opened the door of the car, getting out and running with weak knees to the front door.

Knocking on it, he breathed hard and was welcomed by a very drunk Matt who opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" Matt slurred his words.

Jacob was beyond angry to see that man in front of him as he pushed him and then caught him by the collar, pinning him against a wall as he asked,

"Where is Troye?"

"Why does it matter? He is dying. He deserves what I did to him."

Right then, a sharp slap against his jaw made Matt plummet down on the floor with a loud groan.

Jacob kicked him in the shin, a few tears escalating down his pastely pale cheeks with his knuckles almost peaking out and tearing through his delicate skin.

"You deserve to die. Not him."

Saying those words to the man lying on the ground did feel like a relief but he still needed to find Troye in time and make sure he was alright.

So he just stormed off into the two bedrooms they had, barging the door open and calling out Troye's name but he was in neither of the bedrooms.

Troye was not there.