ashton imagine { r e q u e s t e d }

imagine for  overrexposedd !! sorry it took so long omg omg  :)  hope you like it !!

I was heading to my first dance recital. Something I had been dreaming about for a couple years, as I practiced and practiced.

Something I had never thought I would do, and here I was, standing in front of the New York Academy, waiting as I checked the clock on my phone.

6:45am.

Right on time.

Walking inside, my duffel bag was hung on my shoulder, my grip never leaving it as I kept my gaze forward and headed to the main auditorium, where the recitals were being taken place.

As I entered the doors, there were various people inside already, waiting for their turn as a girl danced on the stage, her feet moving her where she wanted to go.

Siting down in one of the seats, I looked around, seeing various dancers already placing on their shoes, tightening their ponytails and waiting to be called.

One boy stood out to me in particular, as he seemed out of place in the recital. A girl, sitting next to him, was muttering and moving her arms around, practicing in her seat as he looked bored.

His eyes landed on me, as I looked away and started putting on my shoes, ignoring his gaze.

Looking up, I realized someone had taken as seat next to me. Taken aback, I realized it was the same boy I had been looking at a couple minutes ago.

His smile was radiating off of him, as he looked at me and at my shoes.

"You're auditioning today?"

"Yeah."

"Nervous?"

Chuckling, I nodded.

"Very."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great."

I held my hand out and introduced myself.

"Sophia."

He took my hand, shaking it as he mimicked me.

"Ashton."

"Well, what are you doing here, Ashton? You don't seem like the type to come to a dance recital."

"Nah, I'm here because of my sister. Had to take care of her."

"Ah, I see. You didn't seem like the type to dance."

"I have two left feet. I'm terrible at dancing."

I smiled, a chuckle escaping my lips as I bent down again, tying the laces around my ankles.

"Here, I'll help you with that."

Ashton bent down, grabbing the laces from my fingers before he started to mimic my hands. He hand wrapped them around, as they looked perfect.

"Where did you learn to do that?"

"My sister."

A chuckle came from both of our lips as I sat down.

"Well, I hope it isn't too much, but I would love to get coffee with you sometime."

"I would love that, Ashton."

"Here's my number. I'll be here in New York all week."

Taking the piece of paper, I smiled, and nodded. His smile never left his lips as he looked deep in my eyes.

"I'll keep that in mind, Ashton."

"Good luck up there, by the way. You'll do great. I'll be cheering you on."

"Thank you. That means a lot."

You were both cut off from your conversation as you heard your name called. You were next.

"Well, I guess it's my turn."

"Good luck."

Standing up, I made my way to the stairs, and started taking steps up, a smile on my face. Standing in front of 20 judges, I took a deep breath in and let it out.

The music started, and my feet started moving.