His Stolen Kiss

Chapter 12: His Stolen Kiss

“I won’t ever hurt you, even though you’re always hurting me.”  Anonymous

Julian Hartwell

My heart was thrashing itself inside me as I waited eagerly for the arrival of my lover. I casted my sight on my cheap wristwatch and I found that I made it here an hour early than the appointed time but I gave no care about it.

This was our first date and I didn’t want to be late.

Through the glass window from my left side, I could see the blue shade of sky turning into Mahogany color. The people were still seen walking in the streets with countless outdoor post starting to come into light.

I must say, it was past late afternoon. I turned my head to my right side, and there I observed the place I chose.

It was not a first-class restaurant like the previous one where I had dinner with Dante and Amelia. Rather it was just a simple dining place but it had certain uniqueness in it. Instead of elegant chandeliers, antique sconces were on all walls and it was illuminating the Adam style interior of this place.

The decorations were that of nature paintings which gave off a tranquil feeling in the room. The cuisines were not expensive but they were as delectable as the high-class foods that nobles eat every day. Hence were the reasons why I chose this place instead of the popular ones.

“Can I take your order, Sir?” a waiter appeared beside me.

“Not for the meantime. I’m waiting for someone.” I replied and he nodded his head in understanding.

He left my table and I took the opportunity to check my appearance. Just the same vent suit I wore from the previous dinner but I tried my best to look different as to impress Dante. I added an ornament in my vent jacket and it was a bronze brooch in the shape of a hummingbird.

People believe that the charm of a hummingbird was a guide to happiness.

And I certainly believe it because I was happy. I was happy because this date made me feel that there was a chance for Dante to be in love with me and the mere thought of it made me overjoyed so much I could smile forever.

The sound of a door creaking open snapped me from my reverie but I retreated right away upon seeing that it was not the person I was waiting for. I looked again on my wristwatch and I perceived that it was almost close to the appointed time.

I squirmed nervously on my seat with my hands clutching together on top of the dinner table. Speaking of it, I was glad to say that I occupied the best table in this restaurant. There was an unlit candle light and a flower vase on top of the table, thus making it perfect and romantic.

The table was near the window much to my satisfaction and it doesn’t catch attention from the other customers.

It was a private spot for lovers.

I grabbed a table d’hote to distract my anxiety and I scanned over the menu of food being served today. Then it reminded me that I didn’t know what Dante’s favorite dish was. This will be a good opportunity for us to get to know each other. And I desire to know all about him.

What color does he likes? Do we have the same interest other than our opposite talent? I wonder if there was something he likes about me.

A giggle rang to me ears and I shifted my eyes to the table not too distant from me, there I saw a couple holding hands on top of the table. I wonder if I could get to hold his hand like that. Surely it would feel nice.