His Wilting Rose

Chapter 16: His Wilting Rose

“The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.”  Anonymous

Dante Scarfone

“You must take responsibility for this.” she mumbled as she stared at me with her eyes in light chestnut color I now despised.

Her words brought a sinister feeling down my spine and this was the first time I became so scared in my entire life. I didn’t know what to do and the anxiousness deep within was not helping me a single bit. Panic eroded my composure away that my stiff legs jolted on its own.

“Please tell me this is not happening.” my voice stuttered in horror.

I stood still near the canopy bed with half of the blanket around my waist. My knees trembled out of discomfort but I managed to remain firm on my feet as I tried to understand the solemn situation I was in.

This shouldn’t be happening. I thought to myself as I searched my memories of before then I remembered the time I had a talk with my parents and the time I came here in purpose to see Sir Marcus but what happened after that was nothing – I don’t remember anything.

Amidst the blurred memories, his face appeared and I never felt so disgusted of myself before.

Julian.

My chest increased in burden and it took a lot of might to suppress the scream that was begging to be release. Conflicting emotions penetrated inside my mind that I could no longer think straight but only the desperate feeling to escape this dilemma.

“What happened last night?” nonetheless I still asked her for answer for my doubts.

Amelia looked at me with a peaceful expression as if nothing of these was bothering her, it was like she had expected for everything to happen and such look brought more disturbing feeling in me.

“Last night is the most beautiful thing that happened between us. It’s so passionate and I can feel a new strong connection to you now. It felt perfect for our first time.” she said and I became even more dismayed of myself.

“It can’t be. I remember none of it.” I replied with a crack in my tone.

“It couldn’t be. I wouldn’t think of touching you in that way because I don’t feel what you wanted me to feel and besides I am no longer marrying you so there must be a mistake. I don’t believe you.” I added and I noticed her calm poise fading.

“Is that so? I guess it’s no use convincing you yes?” she claimed with a change of attitude.

“What do you mean?” I asked her in disbelief. Does that mean all she said to me earlier were lies? Slim thread of hope surfaced in my heart.

She sat up from the bed with the other half of the blanket clothed around her body as she brought her knees to her chest. “I sedated you.” she answered in nonchalance like she was not regretting anything in the least.

“It’s just a little mischief of mine. I made you come here by the idea that my father called you and to be honest it’s a plain trick. Then I ordered my butler to serve you of your favorite wine and I also ordered him to put a medicine in it that will induce you to sleep.” she explained in a blunt.

Then I remember that it made all sense why the wine was so bitter when I drank it. Listening to her words and all made the slim thread of hope disappear from me.

“But unfortunately what I said a while ago are not lies. Of course I made love to you last night and I wanted it. I needed to do it because if I don’t then you’ll be gone and I don’t like it.” she said in sincere although it only made me upset.