His Sonnet

Chapter 14: His Sonnet

“I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.”  Nicholas Sparks

Dante Scarfone

Yes. I’ll be your lover.

Those pretty words of him continued to repeat itself inside my head like a magical chant, it was so magical that it entranced me with happiness I had never felt before. It made my heart melt and it brought me a tingling feeling like there was a thousand doves soaring inside me.

He made me feel complete.

I smiled as I watched him still sleeping in his bed. His peaceful facial features were the definition of perfection itself and not even the most fascinating goddess could ever be compared to him. He was the most beautiful person in my eyes.

I sat on the bedside near him with a single red rose in my hand.

He was still in deep slumber but that won’t last long though. I leaned closer to him with the rose still in my grasp. I decided to tease him briefly thus I brought the rose on his angelic face.

The smooth velvet petals came in contact with the tip of his nose but it didn’t made him wake up much to my disappointment however it was too early to give up.

Hence I traced the rose down to his adorable pink lips and giving it a gentle touch but the pleasant fragrance of the flower was only sending him further deep into his sleep. I sighed but likewise I was not giving up. As much as I wanted to kiss him, I need to wake him up first.

He squirmed a little which means that he was not liking the foreign touch therefore I wasted no chance in teasing him more. I laced the rose from his lips and into his naked chest with the petals touching his skin in a tender caress.

The red shade of rose was like an attracting hue in contrast to the cream porcelain tint of his complexion.

It was a good thing that the blanket was pushed down to his navel which made it easier for me to take advantage of him in sleep. I wonder if I was being a romantic person right now because waking up your lover with a rose was likely what only sweethearts do. Well was I one?

“Hm...” Julian mumbled when the smooth petals met his sensitive spot just under one of his breasts. He slowly blinked his eyelids open and his gorgeous silver eyes met with my chocolate ones.

“Good morning.” I greeted him before pressing my lips on his for a simple kiss.

“Good morning too.” he returned my greeting.

Last night he didn’t want to sleep right away after our passionate love making and I could tell that it was because he was scared of not seeing me in the morning. And I understood it and he had all the reason to doubt me since I already hurt him many times so it was natural for him to be insecure.

However I didn’t want him to doubt me anymore and with that in mind, I’ll make him see that I was no longer the same man who caused him so much heartache. I’ll be the man who was worthy of his love and the only one who will give him everything he deserves.

As a start for that, I decided to be in his side when he wakes up. I want to be the first man he will see in the beginning of the day.

“Are you going back?” he asked as he took note of appearance. I had prepared myself with the same clothing I had yesterday.

I nodded. “Yes. I want to talk to Amelia. She’ll be coming to my house before noon and I figured that this is a good opportunity to tell her of my decision. I only need you.” I said with a candid smile in me.