Bad Days Are Okay

In recognition of loosing my 34 day run of not being sad, I'm taking a moment to talk about the bad days.

Despite the fact that bad days are the formation of too much negativity in the span of 24 hours, they still do positivity in a person's life. This is why bad days are okay to have - if not extremely important to embrace. In fact, they are almost as important as embracing good days.

Without having any form of bad days, you cannot possibly have a good day - and without that, there is no appreciation for the positivity in ones life.

Without having any bad days, every day someone has is just neutral. Not bad, but not good either. Without the presence of bad days, there is no spectrum between negative and positive feelings that you can base your day off of. Everything would just be the same, and the positive feeling created by good days would quickly wear off. Happiness would just be a neutral feeling and would therefor go unappreciated. Random acts of kindness and self-appreciation wouldn't matter, because it wouldn't seem like positive gestures. It would all just be dull and neutral.

No good days would be appreciated without bad days, and therefor bad days are important. They should be embraced and understood as not just a negative occurrence - but also as a positive occurrence because it makes good days so much greater than they already are.