Winter

2 Months Later

I've been dating Jake for 2 months now and I couldn't be happier. In fact, we're going to the winter formal tomorrow night. I had bought my dress 2 weeks ago. It's a dark blue that goes to halfway down my thighs. I hear the final bell ring and quickly dash out of the change room. Waiting for me by his Mustang, was my handsome boyfriend, Jake.

I jump into his arms planting a passionate kiss on his lips. I get in the passengers seat. I give Jake a quick peck on the cheek as he pulls out of the parking lot. He drives me home and we head inside. Dad's not home as usual. I then hear Jordan come downstairs. "Hey Jake."

"Jordan. 'Sup man?" Then Jordan and Jake go off to talk. I hear knocking at the door. I open it and see Shawn standing there. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, confused.

"We haven't hung out in a while," he explains as I gesture for him to come in. I then begin cooking dinner. I was making Mac'n'Cheese. I feel arms wrap around my waist. I turn around to face Jake. He goes to kiss me but I turn around. "You little tease," he jokes kissing my neck sending shivers down my spine.

I call everyone out for dinner when it's done. When we finish, Shawn and I head up to my room. I show him my dress for tomorrow. Then I sit crossed legged on my bed. We just talk about how excited we are for the dance. We snap our head towards my door when I hear two light knocks. I smile when I see its Jake, I motion for him to come in. "I gotta go, sorry." I nod my head and go give him a hug.
_________________________

After hours of talking, I look at the time, my widening in shock when I see that it's already 11:30. Shawn then says goodbye and goes home. I quickly fall asleep.

I wake up to Jordan squealing. I jump up and dash to his room. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just realized that I get to go to the winter formal with my boyfriend. Granted, I have to meet him there, but still." I roll my eyes and head back to my room. I take a good shower. Then I head downstairs and make myself some lunch since I woke up at 11:00. After finishing, I head back upstairs and start to put on my make up.
_________________________

It's now almost time for Jake to pick me up. I'm waiting downstairs. I jump up when I hear knocking at the door. I throw it open and smile at Jake standing in a black suit and tie. He hands me a corsage. It's a baby blue rose to go with my dress. He puts it on my wrist and my jaw drops when I see the limousine. I get in, looking around in complete awe. After a while of driving, we pull up at the school. We get out and head inside.

Jake and I get our picture taken, then head over to the dance floor. We dance for a while then they play the first slow song. I wrap my hands around Jakes neck and he puts his hands on my waist. Then, Shawn walks over switching places with Jake. "So how's your night going?" he asks me.

"Amazing" I say to him. The song ends and I walk over to Jake sitting at one of the tables. I pull up a seat beside him. "So," he begins,"do you maybe wanna go somewhere more private?" he asks. I furrow my brows in confusion then I understand what he means.

"No I'm okay let's ju..." but he cuts me off.

"Seriously?! We've been dating for a while now. Come on, let's go to a hotel room." He grabs my hand and starts pulling me.

"Let me go!" I yell at him.

"Fine, but we're through," he tells me. I run out crying, tears streaming down my face. I sit down on the stairs. I jump when I feel a large hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" I hear Shawn ask me.

"I'm fine go away," I say with my head down.

"No your not. What's wrong?" he asks with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Jake dumped me," I tell him.

"What? Why?" he asks confused.

"Because I wouldn't have sex with him," I say, more tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Well it's his loss," Shawn says but I hear some anger in his voice. He then places his finger under my chin, turning my face to look up at him. One look at my face and he looks like he's about to murder someone. "Shawn, don't," I say but it's too late, he's gone after Jake.

"Shawn stop!" I yell chasing after him. As I enter the gym, I look around till I spot Shawn. I quickly make my over to him. He then grabs Jake and takes him outside into the school hallway. I rush out after him. As I push the door open, I see Shawn pin Jake against the wall.

"What the hell is wrong with you man?" Jake asks Shawn.

"I should be asking you that question. Seriously, you broke her heart over something as stupid as sex!" Shawn shouts at Jake.

"Stop it!" I say, try to pull Shawn off of Jake.

"Shut up you little bitch!" Jake yells at me.

"Move aside Shawn." He then moved out of the way.

"Thanks Kaitlyn," Jakes says to me but I then punch his stupid face. "What was that for?"

"For calling me a bitch!" I shout at him. I look over at Shawn who is dying of laughter. I can't help but laugh to, it was infectious. Jake quickly runs outside to the limo. "Crap! Now how am I going to get home?" I say.

"Well, I could drive you home. That is, after the dance is over," Shawn says hold his hand out toward me. I gladly accept and we dance the night away.

Shawn pulls in my drive way and walks me to my door. "Thanks Shawn. I had fun tonight," I say to him.

"Me too. Especially when you punched Jake right in the face." I smile up at him. He leans down and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I blush as he walks to his car. "See you tomorrow at school, Ms. Little." I wave as he drives home. I walk in and standing there is Jordan.

"So, did you really punch Jake?" he asks me.

"Yes I did," I say kicking off my heels.

"Why? I thought you two were a good couple?" he asks confused.

"That was until he tried to drag me to a hotel room for sex," I say. His widen and I see his hands form into fists at his side.

"He what?!" Jordan asks furious.

"It's okay, I refused and he broke up with me," I explain trying to calm him down. Then I tell him the complete story and by the end he's laugh so hard that there are a few tears rolling down his face.

"So...he...got...what was...coming to him?" Jordan asks, laughing in between words. I nod my head and he laughs even harder.

"Wait. If he left, then how did you get home?" he asks when he calms down a bit.

"Well, Shawn hung out with me for the rest of the dance and then he drove me home," I tell him. He nods his head pulling me in for a hug.

I head upstairs to my room. I change into some sweats and watch some tv. I jump when I hear taps outside my window. I walk over to see Shawn standing on the ground, throwing pebbles at my window. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to know if you would come over tomorrow for dinner?" he asks.

"Sure." A small smile appears on his lips as he walks to his car. I go back to my bed smiling at how sweet Shawn is. I think that I might actually be in love with him.