Family Dinner

I wake up to someone knocking on the door. I stumble down the stairs, almost falling a couple of times. "Alright, I'm coming," I yell. I open the door and tell whoever it is to come in. When I look at the person I see that it's Jake. "Get the hell out of my house!" I yell at him.

"I'm sorry," he begins, "is there anyway I can get you back? I-I love you Kaitlyn."

"Never! I will never date you again ever! Besides, I'm sort of seeing someone else now," I tell him, lying about the last part.

"No your not. Now what do you say, one more chance?" he asks grabbing my hands.

"Let go of me," I begin but get cut off by someone knocking at the door. I pull my hands out of Jakes and go open the door. Shawn is standing there holding a bunch of flowers. "Shawn, now is not really the best time."

"Yeah, we were just talking about getting back together," Jake says. I shoot him a death stare. Shawn's hand tightens around the stems of the flowers.

"Jake I told you to leave me alone."

"Listen to the lady Jake, or else!" Shawn growls at him.

"Or else what?" Jake asks. I hear a deep growl coming from Shawn's throat.

"Jake just go," I tell him, getting really annoyed.

"Make me!" he shouts at me. Then all of the sudden Shawn pounces at Jake. He throws him out the door.

"And stay out!" Shawn roars at him. Jake quickly gets up and runs to get into his car. He closes the door.

"I could've handled him on my own you know," I tell Shawn, putting the flowers in a vase with water.

"And what, just stand by as you tell him no while he thinks he can do anything he wants!" he yells at me.

"You know what?! Why do you insist on butting in on my life?!"

"Because you don't what's good for you!"

"Oh yeah! And what's that?!" I scream at him. He strides over towards me holds my face in between his hands. "What are you doing?"

"Hold still for one second," he says. Then he slowly moves his face closer to mine. Then he kisses me! It was the most amazing kiss I've ever had. His hands and lips are freezing though. He pulls away, but I don't want him too.

"So, what's good for me?" I ask chuckling slightly. He smiles and rolls his eyes.

"You are as clueless as I thought," he jokes smiling down at me. I look at the time and see that it's already 1:30.

"So when's this dinner?" I ask.

"At 3:00," he tells me.

"Well I gotta go change." I then head upstairs, Shawn right behind me. "That's not an invitation," I say as I grab clothes from my closet, then I go into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

"I know." I come out of the bathroom wearing a medium length black skirt, a tan fitted t-shirt and black converse. "You look amazing," he says placing a soft kiss on my lips.
_________________________

It's now 2:30 so we decide to head over to Shawn's house. He opens the car door for me and I get in. "Shawn. Why is your skin always freezing?" I ask him. I see his eyes widen for a split second.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he lies to me.

"And you never eat anything. I can't even remember any time you ate since you got back."

"Listen, you wouldn't understand and you might not like me anymore," he says to me.

"Nothing could make me not like you."

"It's not really my secret to share though." I look over at him, confused. "Trust me. It's better if you don't know." I look into his eyes and notice that they're almost black.

"I thought your eyes were an amber colour?" I ask.

"It's just the fluorescent lights at school." I knew he was lying because I remember his eyes were a distinct colour of amber last time I looked into his eyes.

He pulls into his driveway and opens the door for me. "So what are we going to say to your mom and sister?"

"How about that we are dating?" he suggests.

"Like boyfriend and girlfriend?" I ask. He nods his head and I smile up at him. I go on my tip toes and kiss him quickly on the lips. He grabs my hand and we walk into his house.

"Hi honey," I hear his mom call from the kitchen.

"Hey mom. Where's Lyla?"

"Upstairs in her room. She'll be down in a second," she says walking into the hallway. She stops and looks down at Shawn and I holding hands. "Hi Kaitlyn, glad you could make it."

We walk into the kitchen where his mom was making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. "Smells good Mrs. Mendes" I compliment her. She nods and smiles going back to cooking.

"Is that my bestie I hear?" Lyla says as she walks into the kitchen. She then sees me holding her brothers hand. "So, why are you here for dinner?"

"Because I invited her," Shawn says.

"Okay but why?" she asks again.

"Because she's my girlfriend," he says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Hah! Finally, I thought you too would never get together even though it was clear you both liked each other," she says smiling and hugging us. Shawn smiles down at me and I smile back.

"Dinners ready." We head into the dining room and I sit beside Shawn. "So you two are now a couple? Congrats," Shawn's mom says as she serves everyone.

"Hard to believe that I used to shoot him down when we were younger and now look, I'm dating him," I say. Shawn places a kiss on my forehead. Lyla smiles over at us. I just don't know how dad will react.
_________________________

"Goodnight Mrs. Mendes," I say, waving as I walk to Shawn's car. I get in and he drives me home.

"So when are we going to tell your family?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders. Jordan will probably try to kill him and I don't even know when dad will even be home to introduce him as my boyfriend. Boyfriend. I smile just thinking that Shawn is now my boyfriend.

"What are you doing next weekend?" Shawn asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh I have plans."

"You do?" he says pouting his lips.

"I do, with you," I say and his eyes light up. I don't know what he has planned but if it's with him, I don't care. Shawn pulls in my driveway. He opens the door and I get out. We get to my door and Shawn kisses me with passion, it kinda hurts but I don't give a damn. I jump when the door opens and standing there is Jordan, his eyes looking between me and Shawn.