Chapter Twenty-Eight: Fight Pt. 2

A/N: To keep the chapter flowing please play each clip as you come to it as there won't be a note. Thank you my loves. :)   

AUTHOR'S POV

Larry had been anxiously waiting for his phone to power on so he can place a call to the police when he suddenly heard a loud thump. It was no accident that the house phone died and the power to the entire home went out since he made his escape. Todd came back to discover Larry gone and now he's determined to find him so the prospect of Todd being inside the home isn't so prospect. It's a sure thing. Larry isn't sure what this loud thump is but his instinct is telling him that it's going to turn his world upside down in just a matter of seconds. He gulped then slowly stood up from the bed and went to investigate...each step slower than the last as he's unsure, not to mention terribly afraid, of what he's going to see. As he approached the living room he could see strands of Laurent's hair and tears would immediately brim his eyes as it appears that he's on the floor. When he turned the corner his worst fear was confirmed because on that floor is Laurent rendered completely unconscious with Todd standing next to him. Larry brings his pain filled eyes up from Laurent to Todd who still has a beyond sinister look in his eyes. This is it. It's the final showdown and it will turn out to be the fight of Larry's life. Not just for him but for Laurent too. Several moments of silence pass as Larry and Todd look at each other. Not too long ago Todd's eyes would always be filled with softness...always warm and delicate whenever he looked at Larry. Now, he looks like a person someone would see on the news as a fugitive who's committed several offenses and is on the run. Much like the Todd Larry saw after waking up from the drugged stupor he was put in this Todd is completely unrecognizable...and much more evil than before. Larry goes back to looking at Laurent and it takes a few seconds for his body to respond to him being on the floor seemingly lifeless but the moment he steps forward to go over and bend down next to him to check him he hears...

Todd: "I wouldn't do that if I were you". 

*brief pause*

Larry: *gulp* "Todd, please. You don't want to do this. Please just leave us alone". 

Todd: *shakes head* "I can't do that baby, and why would I leave you alone? So I can lose you again to him"?

Larry: "I...we...."

Todd: *soft sigh* "You said you love me Larry and I know you want to go with me. You just ran away because you're afraid baby. You're afraid to leave the only life you've ever known...to leave the only place you've ever known but life is about discovering new things and new places. You can have that with me". *pause* "Look I forgive you for leaving me again. Just come with me. Leave this life behind so we can start a new one together. I'll never mention any of this again. The shit you pulled today and leaving me twice before. I'll forget all of it baby...but you have to leave with me right now".  

Larry keeps his gaze on Todd the entire time thinking to himself that he simply can't believe Todd doesn't realize how twisted his thinking is. Being unable to accept the end of what they had and move on he first damages Laurent's car then stalks them...ultimately abducting Larry yet he's talking as if any of this is what people who truly love someone does. If Todd truly loved him he would want him happy even if it's not with him...but Todd just doesn't see it that way. He's convinced himself that he is the only person Larry can ever be happy with. It's all one big ball of pure disbelief and now as his eyes go back to Laurent he feels like the knife that has metaphorically gone through his heart is much deeper. He can't help but have a few moments of telling himself that if he had just worked on his problems with Laurent instead of going out and getting his needs fulfilled by someone else Laurent wouldn't be a part of this and what's going on now wouldn't be going on at all...but he can't change it although he can do something about this moment and how all of this will end. Larry isn't going anywhere and Todd will never get away with what he's done so with that Larry brings his eyes back up to Todd's who says, "come with me baby". He's extended his hand so Larry can step forward and take hold of it. To Todd, Larry taking his hand is symbolic because as he said they would be entering a new life together but Larry simply looks at that hand using only his eyes. Just like his inner fight kicked in and allowed him to pull down that board it's kicking in again at full force. He brings his eyes back up to Todd's for the final time and in a very serious tone...