Chapter 3: Her Knight in Shining Leather

Yang's POV

I practically floated as we made our way back to the dorms with team JNPR. My mind full of romantic fantasies of the dreamboat that had burst into my life.

"Yang, are you ok?" Ruby asked, dragging me out of my thoughts. She was looking at me with concern, probably wondering if I was sick or something. Which I was- LOVE sick.

"Yeah! I'm awesome!"

"She's probably still swooning over (f/n)!" Jaune teased, making dreamy-eyed faces to emphasize his point.

I felt my cheeks warm up as I tried to defend my dignity. "I was not!!!" I argued.

"Yang, it's only obvious, so why hide it?" Blake countered.

I couldn't stop myself from pouting a little. There was no escape.

"(F/n) does have a way with the ladies. He's been a charmer like that since we were little kids," Ren explained.

"I guess you would know him best," Jaune responded to Ren.

I was about to ask Ren more about (f/n), but Jaune cut me off. "Alright, ladies. Honest opinions on (f/n) (l/n)! GO!"

Nora piped up first. "HE'S A HUNK!!!" she exclaimed.

"Nora!!!" I replied indignantly.

"Well he is rather dashing... and charming," Pyrrha added before turning to Weiss with a sly smile. "Wouldn't you agree?"

Weiss was instantly defensive. "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!"

Everyone looked at her knowingly. Weiss was stubborn, but she wasn't blind. She looked away and blushed a little as she fiddled with her hands, embarrassed. "Well, I suppose he would be pretty attractive if you were into that kind of thing." She got defensive again. "Which I'm not!"

Everyone laughed except for me. I just stood aside, terribly embarrassed as I listened to the other girls talk about the guy I was about to go out with.

*FLASHBACK*

"Are you free Friday night?" (f/n) asked. The pearly white grin on his face shined brightly, and his confident (e/c) eyes were practically hypnotizing. I could feel my heart fluttering like crazy in my chest.

"I am now," I said without hesitation, giddily squealing inside.

"Fantastic! I'll pick you up at six then!" he said, that brilliant smile never changing. Then he did something totally unexpected and leaned in to plant a kiss on my cheek.

I could only stand in shock as he said, "See you all later!" and left the auditorium with his team.