Volume 2, Chapter 3: DJ & Pyrrha- Together Forever?

DJ'S POV

My boi (F/n)'s house was sick! Everything about it was awesome! The place was in the nice residential part of Vale, right at the top of a hill where you could see the harbor in the distance from the front room.

The house itself was really nice. Two stories, lots of room, and an amazing big back yard with a POOL AND A HOT TUB!!!

(F/n) had felt generous and invited team JNPR to join us and team RWBY for the pool party/cookout. Did I mention he had a pool? AND a hot tub?! SO SWEET!!

Our group of twelve arrived around noon. (F/n)'s dad met us at the door and invited us all in. I thought Chief (l/n) was pretty cool - super chill. (F/n) introduced him to team JNPR before everyone was led through the house out the back. The Chief was super happy to see Ren. I kept forgetting about that random connection.

When we got outside, the first thing I saw was that pristine, crystal clear water. (F/n) had told everyone to bring swimsuits, so of course I was ready to jump right in. Then the smell hit me.

I looked to my left to see a huge grilling setup at the end of the patio deck. Complete with a sink, counter space, and a huge smoker oven underneath. The scents coming from that smoker literally were making my mouth water.

"DJ!"

My attention was whipped back to (F/n), who was standing in front facing the group. He, apparently, was about to give everybody the rundown on house rules and stuff.

"Alright, everybody," he began. "Welcome to my humble abode!" He gestured to his dad. "You've all met my father, who was so very kind to put this whole thing together for us."

Everybody gave a quick round of applause.

(F/n) continued, "Just a couple of quick things before I cut you hooligans loose on my home. We have a few rules in this house."

"Rule #1! If you make a mess, you fess up, and you clean up!"

"Rule #2! Stay out of the bedrooms! There's no reason for you to be in there, so no funny business!" There were some snickers in response, but (F/n) looked pretty serious.

"Rule #3! My father reserves the right to enact corporal punishment on anyone who breaks Rules 1 or 2!"

That one was weird, and I couldn't help but laugh. "So if I don't clean up after myself, the Chief of Police is gonna spank me?" I asked jokingly.

(F/n)'s face was dead serious. "Yes."

The grin on my face disappeared, and I looked at (F/n)'s dad. He just stood there proudly with a smile. 'Holy crap! They're actually serious!'

"The only exceptions to Rule #2 is for changing!" (F/n) instructed. His expression and tone had brightened up again. "Ladies, you'll use the guest suite upstairs. Guys, you'll be in the training room in the basement. There's a bathroom in the suite upstairs, as well as in that hallway. The bathroom on the main floor is down the hall from the kitchen, and the training room has its own bathroom as well. Any questions?"