Volume 3, Chapter 2: Battle of Hearts

Team JNPR's match turned out to be a pretty good one. Our group was pretty loud and obnoxious as usual as we cheered for our friends. DJ and Sky were, by far, the loudest though. They were screaming at the top of their lungs. "GO, JAUNE!!!!" "SHOW THAT FOOL WHAT'S UP, RED!!!!!"

I could only laugh and shake my head. This new thing with Skyler and Jaune was still weird to me, but her newfound enthusiasm was hilarious to say the least.

It was pretty ridiculous though when the match suddenly stopped, so team JNPR could have an impromptu team meeting.

"Oh boy..." I muttered hopelessly.

There was a torrent of boos as the crowd expressed their desire to see a fight. I watched Jaune rub his forehead in frustration then said something to Nora.

Nora suddenly shot forward and knocked the entire opposing team out of the ring with her hammer.

We all stared for a moment in shock at what just happened. Then the crowd busted out in cheers mixed with laughter.

I found myself just laughing at how much Nora seemed to enjoy herself in that moment. The devious expression on her face was picture perfect. 

There were lots of hugs and congratulations as team JNPR joined us again in the stands. 

Pyrrha threw her arms around DJ's neck in excitement. DJ, in turn, lifted her off the ground and spun in a couple of circles as she squealed and giggled.

It was certainly fun to watch those two together, but right now, everyone had their eyes on Jaune as he was approached by Skyler. "Congratulations, Jaune," she said. 

The lovable fool rubbed his neck and laughed nervously. "It was nothing. I honestly didn't do much."

"Well, I thought you did really great. You've improved a lot lately!" Her praise sounded sincere even though she wouldn't look him in the eye. That blush was starting to come back. 

Jaune chuckled a little. "Thanks! I think your good luck charm helped a lot too!"

A sweet smile appeared on Skyler's face. She nodded, still not looking at him. "Good. I'm glad!"

Jaune started rubbing his neck again. He looked like he didn't really know what else to say. That's when Pyrrha abruptly elbowed him in the ribs and cleared her throat pointedly as if she was reminding him about something.

He grunted a little at the hit but quickly recovered and began to stutter. "So umm... S-sky?" he began.

She finally met his gaze curiously. "Yes?"

"I, uh... I was thinking... would you... w-would you maybe want to go to a concert with me tonight?"

Sky's face got beet red. She stammered nervously, desperate to make sure it was clear what was going on. "A-a c-concert?! With you?! Like a... like a date?!" I had to stifle a laugh.

Jaune put his hands up and spoke quickly trying to calm her down. "Only if you want to! I mean it doesn't have to be a date if you're not comfortable with that!"

Skyler shook her head. "No, no, no!! That's not what I meant at all!" she clarified. "Of course! I would love to be your date!" A bright smile appeared on both faces.

I noticed Pyrrha smiling approvingly as she stood in the background with DJ's arm around her shoulders. 

Jaune's face showed a mixture of nervousness and excitement. "Awesome!" he said. "Can I meet you at your door at 6:30?"