Volume 2, Chapter 7: We Shall See

Everything looked fuzzy as I struggled to open my eyes. My head hurt like hell, as well as every other part of my body. On top of all that, my ears were ringing.

I looked around, trying to figure out where I was or what happened. Then, I saw Yang lying against a pile of rubble a few feet away.

Images of the White Fang, the train, and the approaching rock wall suddenly flashed through my head, and I snapped out of my daze. I jumped to me feet, ignoring the pain. "Is everyone ok?!" I yelled.

It looked like the whole group had survived. Everybody was gradually coming to. I rushed to Yang's side, checking her over for injuries. I was just glad to see she was conscious.

"Yang, are you ok?" I asked. I wasn't hiding my concern very well.

She responding by throwing her arms around my neck and pulling me into a deep kiss. Unfortunately, I didn't recover from the surprise quick enough to really enjoy it. She released me and gave me a teasing smile. "Does that answer your question, worrywart?"

I smiled wide at her humor and wrapped her in my embrace. We held each other tight for a moment, just happy to see each other safe.

"Uhh... guys," I heard Ruby say in concern. I looked up and realized we had crashed into downtown Vale. Citizens were still standing in shock, staring at the horrible crash. The place was silent. No one really knew what to say or do.

DJ appeared at my side. I was glad to see he was alive. Jameson was close by as well. "Dude, we have to get these people out of here now," he said urgently.

It only took a second to realize what he meant, but it was one second too late.

A gigantic King Taijitu suddenly burst out of the rubble, and the crowd instantly broke into a panic. Grimm started to pour into the town square from the hole caused by the crash. The city had become a warzone in mere seconds. Team VYTL and team RWBY sprang into action, forming a large circle in the middle of the encroaching horde of Grimm.

Everyone readied their weapons. I drew my pistols. "What's the plan (f/n)?!" I heard Sky ask urgently.

"Easy," I responded cockily. I fired off a headshot to a Beowolf. "Waste 'em!"

Battle cries were heard from all over as our group charged the mass of monsters.

I stayed close to Yang. We fought back to back, taking out Grimm, one after another. I was dropping a beast with every shot, but they just kept coming. I heard the shriek of a Taijitu and looked to see it charging.

Suddenly, Nora fell out of the sky and killed the thing with one blow of her hammer.

I was surprised but glad to see her. I noticed the airships appearing overhead. The rest of team JNPR jumped to the ground, followed by team CFVY and Professor Port. Dr. Oobleck had since shown up in one of those big mecha-suits with Ruby's dog. Even the Atlas military had come to help. Mecha-soldiers descended and started shooting up the Grimm.