Chapter 4: Showtime

When morning came, I was woken by a blood-curdling scream that echoed through the halls of the dormitory. I was instantly out of bed and ready for a conflict.

Sky sat up in her bed, groggy and confused. "What in the world?!" she wondered out loud.

Jamie came out of the bathroom shirtless, his massive upper body rippling and a toothbrush hanging from his mouth. His expression said he was equally confused by the commotion. "Did you guys hear that, too?"

Sky and I nodded and bolted for the door, poking our heads into the hallway as we tried to locate the source of the sound.

Jamie's voice came from behind us. "Hey guys?..... Where's DJ?"

We both turned to Jamie in shock. He was scanning the apartment, looking for any sign of our missing teammate. Sky and I looked at each other. Our eyes widened in horror as realization set in.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLP!!!!!!!" Our attention returned to the hallway in time to see our sandy-haired comrade round the corner in a race for his life. He was followed closely by a wet-haired, hammer-wielding Nora Valkyrie who was also wrapped in nothing but a bright pink towel.

"GET BACK HERE, DJ!!!! YOU'RE GONNA PAY!!!!!"

Sky and I watched in shock as they flashed past our door at break-neck speed. When they were again out of sight, Sky let out a long sigh of grief for our teammate's stupidity. She went back inside and informed Jamie, "Found him! He's doomed."

All I could do was shake my head and start to prepare for the day. "I don't wanna know," I told myself.

I got out of the bathroom after a shower at the same time DJ walked in the door. His clothes were torn and burnt in some areas, and his hair stuck out in all directions as if from static. There was also a large, fresh bruise on his head.

"What happened?!" Jamie asked.

"Nora hit me on the head with a hammer..... and then she electrocuted me!" His words came out slurred. His mind was probably fuzzy from his recent beating.

"We don't care about that!" Sky exclaimed. "What did you DO?!"

DJ shook his head in an effort to think straight. "Well, I went to team JNPR's place to see Pyrrha and may or may not have walked in on Nora as she was getting out of the shower." He smiled nervously, preparing for Sky's harsh reprimanding.

"Don't you know how to knock?!" Sky was furious.

"I did! But no one answered and it was unlocked, so I just let myself in!" DJ tried to defend himself.

"Well, at least that explains the horrible scream," I remarked flatly, getting back to my routine.

DJ chuckled but continued to stare at Sky in terror. Her eyes narrowed.

"UGH!!!" She groaned in disgust. "You're hopeless!" She then stalked away to resume her morning preparations.