Dating Wayne's Son Pt. 1

“Okay so we’re being nice tonight remember? No guns. no knives. no threatening, no nothing you promised to do this for me" You sat next to your father on the couch waiting.

“Princess I promised I would meet him I said nothing about not threatening the little bastard" The joker growled through his metal teeth, just the thought of this boy was making him angry.

“Well for me please… just this once. Then I promise next time you can threaten him all you want!” you teased him before getting up and going over to the mirror to fix your hair.

“If there is a second time” He muttered under his breath.

“What?!” 

“Nothing princess nothing!” he sank into the couch and watched you style your hair. “Why do you doll yourself all up for him like that?”

“What do you mean? I just want to look nice".

“You look nice all the time. If he only likes you when you spend hours getting ready then he’s not in it for the right reasons" You had to laugh at what your father was saying. You knew there was a very good chance your boyfriend could leave with a broken arm or worse like the others had, but hey at least it came from a good place.

The doorbell rang and you skipped to the door with glee. Harley came rushing in all excited as well and grabbed the Jokers hand to pull him off the couch. He rolled his eyes when he saw that she was all dolled up for the special occasion as well. She nodded at their daughter the okay and she opened the door. The sight of the boy made the Joker sick to his stomach. He was dressed in a black T-shirt with jeans and black shoes. My precious got all dolled up for that? Before you or Harley could get a word out to invite him in the Joker jumped in front of you inches away from the boys face. He snarled at him like an animal and eyes him up and down. The boy’s eyes widened and his hands began to shake causing the flowers he was holding to lose a petal.

“Are those for me?” The joker asked condescendingly before giving the boy a smirk.

“Uh… no.. sir they’re for (y/n).”

“Aww you didn’t bring me any flowers? That wasn’t very nice of you" Before your father made things worse you grabbed his arms and tugged him back and stepped in between the two of them.

“Don’t mind him Zach. They’re beautiful thank you!” You rolled your eyes at your father and gave Zach a warm smile to ease the tension. He smiled back and sighed in relief. “Please come in!” He stepped into the house and immediately extended his hand for Harley trying to avoid interacting with the Joker until the last second. Harley smacked his hand away and gave him a big hug. 

“Puddin shake Zach’s hand!” Harley said wrapping her hands around the Jokers arm. Instead of extending his hand he placed a firm grip on the back of Zach’s neck and led him to the couch. You and Harley exchanged nervous looks before following. The Joker sat the boy across from him and stared straight what felt like directly into his soul. You sat next to Zach and rubbed your hand on his leg to relax him. When Joker saw it, a fire ignited in his chest, he studied the boy fascinated by what it must have took for him to come to the house by his own free will. 

“I take it she hasn’t told you who I am?” The joker leaned in ready to interrogate the boy. He figured you wouldn’t want to reveal who your parents were because of course the boy would go running for the hills once he heard. 

You opened your mouth to answer the question for Zach but he beat you to it.

“Actually Sir she told me on our first date" You and your father were both taken aback by Zach’s sudden confidence and sincerity. “She said she wanted to get everything out in the open before we got serious".