Here Comes The Bride

You laid out your dress on the bed and smoothed out your veil, you lines up all your makeup and jewelry for the next day. You took in the sight of your childhood bedroom, the last time you would be sleeping in here. It was the night before the big day and you were staying at your parents house while your finance slept in your new home. You just wanted one last taste of childhood before you started your new life. Out of the corner of your eye you saw the green hair. The clown prince of crime was watching you prepare for your wedding. You felt the tension he carried with him and knew what was coming next.

“Daddy didn’t I tell you I was all right?” you turned to him, his arms crossed leaning in the doorway. 

The Joker took a deep breath before walking into your room and sitting on the bed. He ran his fingers along the pink satin sheets you slept on since you were a teenager. He glanced around the room and saw all the things you saved throughout the years of your life.

“Princess I just want to make sure this is what you really want. Just say the word and we can hop in the car and drive far away and forget any of this ever happened.” The Joker looked up at you with an eager look in his eye, waiting for you to say yes. He threw his head back and laughed when you turned around and gave him a scolding look. Just like your mother he thought.

You reached your hand out and he grabbed it pulling you onto the bed to sit next to him. You wrapped your arms around him and buried your face in his shoulder. Breathing in the moment you waited until his heart rate slowed down to talk.

“I am sure this is what I want. I’m in love with this man and I need the other man I love to walk me down the isle okay?” you stared at him wide eyed and smiled.

He looked up at you and stroked your hair before kissing your cheek. “Fine.” he said “But it doesn’t mean I have to like it.” he smirked back at you. You hopped off the bed and continued to get some last minute stuff ready. 

The Joker leaned back and rested on the bed. It felt like yesterday he was holding you in the hospital vowing to never let anyone touch you. Then you were going on your first date and he and Frost followed you guys around making sure you were safe. Then you were a woman that came running to him when a someone hurt you and he went and sliced their throat. Now you were fully grown and in love, no matter how much he didn’t want to admit it. His little girl was giving her heart to someone that wasn’t him. He was jealous of them, he hated them, wanted to kill them and steal you away and have you all to himself again. Wanted his clown family to be like it was, just the three of them. He wanted all those things but he knew he couldn’t have them, because he also just wanted you to be happy and this marriage was clearly going to make you happy. He ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath before standing up and looking over at the dress before back at you smiling and humming to yourself. He was torn between wanting to imagine how beautiful you would look in the dress and never wanting to see you in it.

“If this person is really who you love then I’ll let you go, but if they ever hurt you I will-” 

“daddy daddy stop…” you interrupted your father and went to face him. You put your arms around his wait and rested your head on his chest to feel his heartbeat. “You don’t have to worry about me okay? I’m not your little girl anymore I can handle myself.”