Getting Rid Of The Boyfriend

“Daddy please don’t!” you screamed at your father, face burning from anger and tears of rage falling down your face. You stepped in front of your boyfriend to show your father that you didn’t want this. You had followed your lover out in his car and drove out to the dirt roads of Gotham to be alone. You should have known better, you should have known the Joker was capable of anything he wanted. And he wanted to find you.

The Joker matched your eyes with the rage in his and pointed his gun at the boy standing behind you. The boy that had stolen his daughters heart from him. Right under his nose the boy came into your lives, his little world that he shared with you and wanted all to himself, cast a spell on you, made you fall in love with him, and Joker didn’t stop it. Tonight he was going to, he promised himself that he would win you back and make you his princess again. He knew he should have never brought this on you and he was ridden with guilt. Harley had warned him daughters always fall for boys like their fathers. He kicked himself every day for taking you to the club and having you sit in on that meeting with the other gangsters of gotham. That’s when you met the boy, the rookie criminal trying to make a name.

“Daddy you don’t have to do this! I love him just like you love mommy, can’t you understand that?” Your rage was turning into complete sorrow and desperation. “It doesn’t change how I love you or her, but I need my own life too.” you pleaded with your father to understand. You didn’t want him to let you go, just to let you breathe. 

The Joker’s hand started to shake, the gun was unsteady in his hand like it hadn’t been since Harley was way from him in Belle Reve. When he saw his little girl crying it made his stomach turn and felt like the air was being strangled out of him. He wanted to make you happy, but he knew for sure that you would be happy back home with him. He wanted to keep you safe even more and he knew that boy and his lifestyle wasn’t safe, because it was the same as his. The more your words ran through his head the angrier and more motivated he got. I love him, I love him, how could his baby give her heart to anyone but him? How could she trust another man to worship and take care of her like he could? The more he thought about the boy, the more he focused on him standing behind you like a coward letting you defend him, the more he thought about him sneaking you out of the house and away from him was the more he could steady his hand.

You looked at the green haired and pale skin man that you have adored ever since the day you were born. Still as an older girl there was a part of you that wanted to throw yourself into his arms like when you were little and have him protect you from the world. But that part of you was getting smaller and you wanted to make your own path and fight for yourself. Just like your parents you knew what you wanted.

“Daddy please don’t do this, it’ll break my heart please.” You reached your hand out to your father waiting for him to grab it, your touch always calmed him down. “He makes me happy.” 

The Joker took his eyes off of the boy standing silent waiting for what he knew in his gut was inevitable. Your father took your hand gently and tried as best he could to give you a soft glance and smile before he pulled you to your side and squeezed you next to him. 

“I won’t let him take you from me. He can’t keep you safe.” he whispered into your ear before starting to pull the trigger.

The world seemed to slow down and the only thing you could think to do was look over at your lover staring back at you. With restless eyes he mouthed the words I love you before his chest ignited with gun fire and blood. Your ears started to ring so loudly you couldn’t even hear yourself scream, you just felt the soreness in your throat. You tried to go to his lifeless body but the Joker wrapped his arm around your waist and picked you up and started carrying you to the purple lamborghini. You clawed at him like an animal trying to get yo your lost lover but it was no use. He was too strong and was able to get you into the car and start racing away.