01

Jeon Jungkook was no fool. In fact, he was the top of his class and also the top 1.5% of Korea's intelligent students. But enter Park Jimin and Jungkook becomes a fool in love.

* * *

"Jungkook~" Jimin sing-songed as he called out to the brown haired male. Said male turned around with a smile and muttered a 'hey hyung'.

"So.." Jimin started as he neared the boy. "How was vocal lessons?"

"Great, I guess? The instructor's teaching us voices from different parts of our body and which to use when." Jungkook finished and blushed because Jimin placed a chaste kiss on his cheek.

"That's good. I was worried you didn't like it. It's only an elective though, so don't worry if you can't get the hang of it."

Jungkook smiled and nodded. He had a choice to select either vocal lessons or dance lessons. Jimin was in dance and Jungkook had contemplated to join the same. But he thought against it because he won't be able to concentrate if Jimin was in the same class as him. Plus, he did well in vocals so it was a win-win situation.

It had been a month since Jungkook and Jimin started dating. Within the past month after Jungkook had confessed, subtle gestures like kisses on the cheeks and brushes of arms, silent smiles and longing gazes were exchanged. Jungkook wanted more, but he was shy and he was sure Jimin was too.

"We're going for samgyupsal. Wanna join us, Kookie?" 

"Um.. Sure.."

Jungkook was hesitant. He was a quiet person and didn't really fit in with the rest of Jimin's friends. They were older but acted younger; loud and annoying. The only one Jungkook could ever empathise with was Yoongi hyung but sometimes he had days when he was loud as well.

Jimin's smile made Jungkook's thoughts stop altogether. That eye smile of Jimin's had become one of Jungkook's favourite things in the world. He loved when Jimin would smile brightly at him as they held hands and walked everywhere, just like now.

"Kookie~"

"Huh?" Jungkook snapped out of his trance. He was so immersed in Jimin's smile that he forgot where he was. Apparently, they had arrived at the entrance of the school, where Jimin's five friends were fooling around and waiting for them.

"I brought Kookie! Now let's go~" Everyone chuckled at Jimin's tone and greeted Jungkook. Jungkook greeted back and walked alongside them with Jimin on his left, hands held together tightly. Everyone was used to Jimin's cute nature around everyone and everything but Jungkook wasn't yet. He would get flustered and something inside him would boil when Jimin acted cutely in front of others unknowingly.

They were currently in the restaurant. It was after lunch so there wasn't much people. The seven boys crowded around a table, pork sizzling and side dishes were being passed around.

Jungkook sat between Hoseok and Yoongi, Jimin opposite him between Taehyung and Namjoon. Seokjin at the head of the table and was cooking the pork. Yoongi was scrolling through his phone, Hoseok and Namjoon were discussing their homework and Jimin and Taehyung were fooling around.

Taehyung had Jimin in a headlock and the older was laughing while smacking Taehyung to let him go. Jungkook's chest tightened as he watches Taehyung lets him go and pulls him close, leaning his forehead to the side of Jimin's head while the older laughed. Jungkook tightened his hold on his spoon and looked away, shoving a mouthful of rice into his mouth.

He felt a nudge to his left and he turned to face Yoongi, annoyance clearly written on his face. Yoongi smirked and glanced at the pair opposite them then back at Jungkook. "Jealous?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and returned to his food, Seokjin had placed pieces of pork on his bowl of rice and urging him to eat more. As if he was jealous, Jungkook thought.

*

They just finished their meal, courtesy of Yoongi's credit card, and were parting ways. Taehyung was following Hoseok to a skate park, Namjoon going home to finish his homework, and Seokjin and Yoongi heading to meet their respective friends. Jimin and Jungkook were left and they decided to take a walk at a nearby park.

"Hyung.."

"Yes, Kookie?" The smaller boy, who had been walking upfront, turned and smiled at Jungkook.

Jimin had on an eye smile, teeth showing. The smile warmed Jungkook and it was then that he realised he was being silly to be jealous of Taehyung. After all, Taehyung was Jimin's best friend and also Yoongi and Hoseok's boyfriend. Why had he gotten jealous anyway?

"Nothing.." Jungkook returned the smile before interlacing their hands and pulling a blushing Jimin to walk side by side.

"If you had wanted to hold hands, you could've just done so.." Jimin muttered and leaned into Jungkook more. Jungkook smiled and held onto Jimin's hand tighter.