04

After that day, when Jimin rejected Jungkook, everything started going downhill. Jimin stayed out later and often never came home. And when he did, it would be when Jungkook wasn't home. Jungkook was silent and never brought it up. Because Park Jimin was his everything and he trusted Jimin.

* * *

"So what you're saying is that Jimin has been staying out late and sometimes don't come home? Is that what you're saying, Jungkookie?"

Jungkook flinched at Yoongi's tone. He was the last person Jungkook wanted to go to but he figured in the end that Yoongi was the best choice out of their group of friends. Why? Because Yoongi had broken up with Taehyung and Hoseok because those two were intolerable and Yoongi didn't want to be involved anymore. It took some time, but Yoongi moved on quickly and Jungkook needed help.

"Kookie.." Yoongi sighed. "I don't know if you're really dense or you're just pretending, but with what you've just told me, you do realise that Jimin's cheating on you, right?"

Jungkook looked away. He looked left, right, up, down, anywhere away from Yoongi's eyes. He couldn't, he wouldn't look. Because he knew if he would, he would need to face reality and his tears would be uncontrollable.

Yoongi knew it was hard. He knew how hard it was to find that your lover of years have been cheating on you. He knew how hard it was to move on. And he knew how much Jungkook needed his comfort at the moment.

So he held onto Jungkook's hands in one hand and the other lifted his chin, pulling him to look at himself.

"Kook, you need to talk it out with him. That's the only way the both of you will find closure. Promise hyung you'll talk to him okay?"

Jungkook's tears slipped past his eyes. He muttered 'hyung' and slipped into Yoongi's embrace, crying out his frustrations. And Yoongi? Yoongi just held onto the younger and muttered soothing words in his ear.

*

Jungkook had only wanted to talk. But apparently talking meant turning a simple question into a heated argument.

He hadn't meant for this to happen. He had only wanted to talk and Jimin happened to be home that very evening, sober and sitting in the living room, immersed with his phone in hand.

He wanted to surprise Jimin since it had been long since he was properly at home with no alcohol-induced thoughts. He walked up behind the older male and decided to kiss him on the cheek when his eyes glimpse at the name on the phone.

"What the hell? Why is Mark hyung sending you nudes?"

Jungkook's sudden anger had shocked Jimin, causing the older male to jump in his seat and his phone to slip out of his hands.

"Jungkook? When did you get home?" The older asked while picking up his phone and locking it immediately.

"Five minutes ago. Now tell me why the fuck is Mark hyung sending you nudes and you replying with winks?"

"Jungkook, chill. We're just fooling around."

This angered Jungkook even more. He hadn't want to bring it up but he had to. He needed to. He needed a clarification and he needed it right now because he couldn't keep silent about it anymore.

"Then what have you been doing at night during this past month?"

"Like I said in every note I wrote and stuck onto the refrigerator: working."

"Lies."

"Excuse me?" Jimin's tone changed and his lips pulled into a tight frown. His expression changed and Jungkook's anger faltered a little.

Jungkook didn't know what prompted him into talking back. He had always been the shy and quiet boyfriend, quiet and never talked back. More importantly, he was a good boy. One that obeyed orders and stayed good all day for his lover.

"I said you're lying," Jungkook was surprised at his own reply. No, he thought, he can't talk back, he'll become naughty. "You're lying because I know you've been cheating on me."

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise. Jungkook never would speak to him this way. In fact, his Jungkook was a good boy.

"Are you accusing me of cheating on me?"

"I'm not accusing, hyung. I'm stating the truth."

"What happened to you, Jungkook? You never talk back or accuse me."

"What happened is that you fucking cheated on me!"

Both males were surprised at Jungkook's sudden outburst. But before Jimin could mutter a word past his lips, Jungkook was continuing his thoughts.

"You're probably thinking how I know and I'm gonna fucking tell you all the reasons. One, you come home drunk and smelling like spicy cologne, which by the way, you don't fucking own. Two, you don't come home most nights. And if you do, it'll be when I'm working. Three, you're avoiding me like the plague. If you're home, you would pretend I'm not here at all, as though I'm a gust of wind. And four, fucking four, you have hickeys around your neck most of the time. Do you really think I wouldn't have noticed?"

Jimin was stunned. He thought he had been very careful. He was sure to delete all his text messages and also made sure Mark never texted him when he was home. He was also sure the smell of cologne could have fooled Jungkook. He was also very sure he's covered up the marks and bruises of his affair. He didn't think Jungkook would have figured it out.

"Jungkook.."

"That too.."

"What?"

Jungkook looked up and glared at him.

"Jungkook," Jungkook muttered angrily. "You never call me Jungkook."

And Jimin knew he was fucked.