08

"J-Jimin hyung?"

A sudden streak of lightning flashed across the sky outside and Jungkook leaped from the bed and jumped onto Jimin. Shocked, the two fell backwards onto the ground and the older groaned from the pain on his backside. He was about to push the younger off when he noticed the younger clinging onto him, shaking and whimpering.

And then it hit him: Jungkook was afraid of lightning. The younger male was shivering, clutching onto the older's shirt tight. Jimin could feel his the front of his shirt getting wet and he realised that Jungkook was crying. His heart shattered. His baby was crying and he didn't know whether he should comfort him.

"J-Jungkook-ah?"

"H-Hyung.. L-Lightning.."

The younger held onto his lover tight and his tears continued to flow. Jungkook had always been afraid of lightning. Storms too. Has been ever since he was a little boy.

At the moment, he knew the person he was hugging was Jimin. But he didn't care. He needed someone to hold onto so he won't be scared anymore. Jimin, left with no choice, proceeded to wrap his arms around the younger's waist and held onto him, providing him the comfort and warmth he needed.

"Jungkook-ah,"

With no verbal response from the younger, Jimin sighed and thought that maybe he could bring up the subject of their separation.

"I know what I've done was wrong. I shouldn't have cheated on you and I shouldn't have kept all my frustrations and stress away from you and vent it on someone else through sex. I-Well, for this past year, I've learn about myself and how without you, I'm nothing. An empty shell," The body on top of Jimin stilled and the older took a deep breath, stroking the younger's hair.

"I realised my mistake. I should've talked it out with you. I should've went to you instead of dealing with what I thought was right which turned out to be wrong. I-I love you, Jungkook-ah. I really do. And I'm sorry for hurting you. I hated myself when you left and I tried so hard to pick myself back up again so I could become better for you,"

The younger sniffled and snuggled closer into Jimin's chest, the older's hand never stopped at stroking his hair, an action that has always been Jungkook's comfort.

Jimin sighed and started to relax, holding the younger boy closer. With a softer tone as he stroked the younger's hair, he whispered his apologies over and over again until the younger stopped sniffling and stilled in his arms.

"J-Jiminnie?"

"Hm?"

"I-I forgive you," The older's eyes widened and unwrapped his arms slightly to look down at the younger. "I was never really mad at you. I understood everything but I needed some time to think. I needed time to consider everything and before I know it, a year has passed. And here we are now.."

Jimin chuckled as he felt the younger wrapped his arms around him tighter, face pressing further into Jimin's chest. "I love you, Kookie. I really do."

"I know. I love you too, Jiminnie."

And so the two spent the entire night in the room cuddling, giggling and sharing moments of their past year after moving to the bed with the music blaring and party ongoing downstairs.

* * *

"Yes!"

"Aww, I wish I could find my phone. This looks too cute!"

"Aish, shut it. You guys are gonna wake them up."

"If he breaks Kook again, I swear I will chop off his dick."