Chapter Six

I sighed, staring up at the ceiling. Stephanie was still in class and I had some time to myself. I was trying to figure out what to do about Christian. Yeah there was the first option of just killing him like I did his brother. But would the rest of his family be like him and come back for revenge? Would Stephanie and I be dealing with this the rest of our lives?

I couldn't let Stephanie go though that. She would constantly be in danger and if anything happened to her, it would be my fault. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I laid an arm across my face. I didn't know what to do. The only option I could see would be to-

"Hey baby," Stephanie chirped, coming into the room.

I sat up, leaning against the wall. I watched her move around the room as she dropped off her stuff from class.

"I think I finally figured out all the recipes for the dinner on Friday," she said, coming to sit next to me on the bed. She leaned against me.

"That's good," I said.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, looking at me.

I nodded, "yeah, it's just fine baby girl." I leaned over and kissed her temple.

Stephanie frowned and shook her head, "no it's not. I know when something is wrong. Why are you lying to me?"

I sighed heavily, "I'm not. I'm just a bit stressed out trying to figure out what to do about our current problem."

"We'll figure it out baby, we always do," Stephanie said softly.

I nodded, giving her a small smile, "Yeah we will. Now tell me about this menu you picked out."

Stephanie settled back beside me and starting listing off what she was making. I was only half listening, getting lost back in my own thoughts. There was no way around it. I had to keep her safe, even if it was going to kill me.

Stephanie's POV:

I handed the plates of food to Tara and a couple other old ladies. My teacher said I could only have one person help me serve dinner, but what she didn't know wasn't going to kill her.

I followed them out to the dining room, placing the final plates down in front of Happy and Dad. I stood at the end of the table facing everyone.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to be my guinea pigs so i could get this assignment done. This is our final dish, dessert. It's just a simple trio of mousse. A lemon one, strawberry in the middle and chocolate on the other side. When you guy our finished, please fill out the survey cards in the center of the table," I instructed giving them a huge smile, relieved to be done with the hectic dinner, "and just drop them back in the basket."

I slipped back into the kitchen so I could clean up. I scrapped the last bit of the chocolate mousse into a take or container and shoved it into the fridge with the rest of the left overs. Tara had scrubbed out most of the pots as I threw them into the sink so there wasn't much to get done.

I threw the rest of the trash away and started scrubbing the last few pots. I looked over my shoulder when I heard someone come in.

"Hey babe," i greeted Happy before turning back to the sink, "do you mind tying up that garbage bag for me."

I heard the crinkle of the bag as he tied it off. Things had been weird with Happy lately. He wasn't distant but he was being overly affectionate the past few days. And that was weirder for Happy than him doing anything else. He wasn't the lovey dovey type. It made me wonder what he was planning.

"I'm going to ride out to moms tonight," he said, coming to lean against the counter beside me.

"Just give me a couple minutes and I'll go with you," I said putting the last dish into the dish washer.

"It's okay baby girl," he said, "you finish up what you need and go back to the clubhouse with Chibs."

I frowned and looked at him, "Why?"

"I'm just going to check on her. I know you're tired after today. I'm going to stay there for the night and I'll be back tomorrow."

I sighed and nodded, "alright, fine."

"I'm going to leave now before it gets any later."

Happy kissed my cheek and left. I couldn't help but feel my heart sink. I knew something was up, something bad was coming but I didn't know what it was. And that's what scared me the most.

I put the dishes away that were left on the table. I thanked Gemma for letting me use her house before finding Dad.

"Can we please go?" I asked him softly, "I'm tired."

Dad eyed me for a moment before nodding. He finished his cigarette and followed me out to the driveway. I secured my stuff in the small bag on the side of the bike before getting on the back. Dad waited for me to secure the helmet before taking off.

Once we got to the clubhouse I went straight to the dorms. I checked my phone to see ifHappy had texted me before turning it off. I placed it on the bedside table as I got ready for bed. I pushed the nagging thought out of my head, closing my eyes and trying my best to go to sleep.