When you call me fucking dumb for the stupid shit i do.

"Star.......no...." I buried my head in my hands pulling my hair and screaming into my pillow. My best friend........What would I do without her?.......I can't be the safe kid again.....

I breathed out slowly lifting my face from my pillow tears streamed down my cheeks and I gripped the sheets carefully lifting myself a little. I heard my phone vibrate and I rushed to pick it up.

"J-Jackie?" I stuttered almost tossing my phone across the room.

"Hey Marco I wanted to ask you if you had our math assignment?" The text looked almost unreal as I struggled to believe that Jackie Lynn Thomas was actually texting me.

"I might but I can't remember where I put it." I text back quickly

"Marco Diaz forgetting where he put his homework, are you feeling ok? 😹"

I placed the phone down face down ignoring it's buzzing and instead clung to the lonely cup i had been sipping out of even though it screamed empty at me every time i tried to drink from it's cold sides.

I was too sad to text.  

I felt a warm ball of fur snuggle up next to me and i turned over till i was on my back the little intruder in my room smiling above me.

"Not now Marco diaz this is sad time be sad..." i stared at the happy pup i was holding in my arms he dripped saliva on me and i cringed dropping him to the floor and using the sleeve of my hoodie to wipe away the dog slobber. 

"What the hell am i supposed to do now? i asked the empty ceiling it felt wrong to sit here and do nothing it felt wrong to just leave star in mewni, it felt wrong to eat nachos with out her, it felt terrible not being able to hold her anymore, to not have the chance to kiss her amazing lips to never walk with her to school again, to never touch her again, to never dry her tears, to never hold her hand.

Worse of all to never protect her again. 

This can't happen, I'm not going to let this stand.

"I'm gonna get you back star." he thought out loud like a fog the words drifted into the air almost vanishing like dust. 

He hadn't even realized he had stood up until he sat back down on the bed letting his head fall into his hands, picking up the empty mug again he looked into it not even a drop of what he had been drinking was left instead the glass sparkled a little. maybe it was his imagination. He laid the cup back down carefully on the dresser on his bed side curling his bottom lip into his mouth. when his eyes caught onto something. 

The dimensional scissors.

What were they doing here? Were these the ones Star had given him back when they had first started living together? He'd forgotten all about these. 

He pulled them from the dusty wooden drawer running one finger down the warm metal blade before turning them over in his grasp. he was holding it like his life depended on it. well maybe it did maybe this was the only way to get star back. 

Pushing his fingers into the holes he cut open a portal. Blowing his breathe into the opening. 

"But first i'm gonna need some help."