Screams

Saga' POV

I continued to walk in circles around the beach. The soft waves fading into each other. The air was slightly foggy, and the sky was a dark shade of blue, my favorite color.

My toes had sand between them. And they were cold, I had a feeling it would rain today, not just because of the gloomy sky, because today was a much longer day then usual.

I felt tired, I have not been productive today.

Thunder.

Rumbling came from the sky. My father used to tell me story's of how it was Thor's hammer. And the rain was his way of replenishing the earth to start tomorrow off fresh. I smiled at that thought.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-*-

Rain had dropped heavily from the sky, flooding the village ground. I had sat eating dinner with Ragnar and his sons. I could hear the sounds of the rain above us. It was not quiet.
"So, Saga tell us about yourself. We know very little of you. I think we're all curious" Sigurd spoke. I look up, no emotion in my voice.

"What is there to know? I do not have a extravagant life, it might even be alittle sad" I sip my ale. Swallowing loudly and gazing upon them. "Where are you from? Everyone comes from somewhere. Does not have to be extravagant" Ivar spoke, rising his eyebrow.

"I suppose that is true, but I do not remember a lot of it, my home went up in flames, smoke filling the dark sky. I am unaware of where my father is now. He is probably dead. My mother died during child birth" I took a minute to pause, watching all there eyes glued on me.

"My father was an earl, It is hard to remember him, but I remember the meaningful moments of our time together. When my mother died giving birth to my brother, Kol. He died weeks later from a disease. That is all I wish to share"

I stare at my hands not wanting to share my dark past my agnoy filled past. "What a tough life it has been for you, and you've managed to stay so strong threw all of it" I look up smiling softly.

"I think you should stay Saga" Ragnar spoke. "After all, where would you go? You could stay here, it is safe" I looked at him. "I think you should too, for what do you have to return to? No disrespect, but you did almost freeze to death" Ivar spoke.

I chuckled at his comment. "It would be wonderful to stay, but I like to venture out"

"We do plenty of that, we are planing our raid to England" Hvitserk spoke after his silence. "If you would excuse me, I would like some time to think of your offer" "Of course" Ragnar smiled. I sat up exiting outside to the pouring rain to return to my hut.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Screams.

Pain.

Burning.

"Please not more" I begged.

"You have disobeyed me!"

"I am sorry! I will not repeat my mistakes please...no more" I cried.

A strong whip to my back, I screamed the loudest I ever have.

"Go!"

End of dream

Wet tears made my pale face red. The nightmares would never stop, ever.

I got up from my fur to start my day. The Sky was blue, but with many clouds. I left my hair as it is, but brushed it and tied on a nice green dress with gold trim.

The sun was shiny on the clouds, it was pretty. I rinsed my face with water and dried my face. A knock came from my door, as I walked to it, it suddenly opened.

"Hello Saga. My brothers and I were wondering if you would accompany us for a training session" he smiled. "Of course, let me bring my bow"

The training was fun, watching them fight was very entertaining. "You shoot?" Hvitserk questioned pointing with his sword at my long bow. "I do. I am quite good"

I pulled my arrow back aiming towards the target, taking in a steady breathe and releasing it once I let go of my arrow. The arrow flew perfectly into to the head of the target, clearing my throat I sat on on the tree stump besides Ivar. "I am impressed, I was expecting you to drop your arrow" I grinned, amused at his comment. "You must be disappointed" He slowly grinned.

"So, you are fierce with a bow, how about a sword?" Sigurd questioned. "A sword is powerful, you must be in control of it. The harm it contains is beyond a bow" I said gripping the handle. "Indeed I am" I smirked.

Okk! Here is a long chappy for you. 💙 I am really proud of this. I of course accept feed back. C: And spelling errors will be corrected later. Ily!
And also. Bjorn will be coming later into the story. Shhh... 👻