Be Thankful

Ciara

Klay hugged me and I felt tears stream down my face.

"Why do you care?"  I managed to make out.  Klay released me, and stared in my eyes.

"You are a part of the team.  With out you, we'd be nothing."  Klay laughed a bit.

"Yeah right.  I bet another coach would come in and they'd be way better.  Or Steve Kerr would come back...  maybe even Steph or Draymond would take the lead."

"It wouldn't be the same though.  We've never had a female coach and someone so strict before.  Even though Steve was had anger issues, we haven't acted like this ever."  Klay stated.  I stared in his eyes for a bit and felt myself defenceless.

Klay slowly leaned in and I closed my eyes.  What was I doing?  This was far from me.  Kissing my own player?  How sickening.

"KLAY!  MS. COLEMAN!"  Stephen swung the office door open and my eyes widened.  Stephen stood there awkwardly watching me in Klay's arms, and how close our faces were.  "Is this the wrong time?" Stephen asked and I sighed.  Is that even a question?

Stephen focused more on my face and moved towards me.  He kneeled down and I could feel his eyes burning into my face.

"You are friends with Ayesha right?"  Stephen asked and I slowly nodded.

Stephen placed a serious look on his face.  "Cool so it's settled.  You are staying with me until that guy is for sure away from you."

My eyes widened and I quickly got up.  "No I will not!  You don't make decisions for me!"  I yelled at him and he moved closer to me.  We were having an intense stare down.

"You are a strong, beautiful and intelligent boss woman.  Men should be grovelling beneath you.  This man is abusing you!  I won't allow that!"  Stephen yelled at me seriously.  "I see my wife in you, but I can tell you are stronger.  Don't make me have to force you." 

"How would you force me?  Hm?!"  I questioned and Stephen smirked.

"Is it allowed for a relationship to occur between a coach and one of its players?  No.  I didn't think so."  Stephen stared at Klay then back at me.  "I don't think you two want to lose your jobs."  Stephen frowned.

I knew he was evil.

"You might've won now Steph.  Don't think I won't get back at you."  I threatened.

"You should be thanking me and not fighting me for once."  Steph turned and left.