Escape

Dippers P.O.V

I squeezed Bills hand, tightly my heart racing. I went pale as a sheet the second Stan came out, the gun pointing directly at us. My mouth went dry as sandpaper, as I stared into the barrel of the gun.

Me and Bill had been at our spot, I been listening to Bill. He'd been telling me some old legends he'd herd about, as he knew how much I loved a good mystery.

Hell, we'd even made a game of it. We'd tell stories and the other would have to piece together clues, to get the answer. Needless to say I won a lot.

Behind me Bill cussed in cipher, I blushed. It was times like this, when I wished I couldn't understand cipher. Ford was the first to recover from the shock and speak up.

"Mabel, Dipper step away from Bill" I shook my head and clutched tighter. I could tell Bill was getting ready to fight, because he was as tense as a spring.

"Suit yourselves this won't really harm you, only demons" My knees went weak, if they fired that we'd both be dead. I needed to distract them, but how.

I suddenly felt a cold chill go up my spine. I looked to my side Bill was glancing at my sister, communicating with her telepathically. Bill let go of my hand and walked forward his hands raised in the air.

"You wouldn't shoot a defenceless demon would you?" He grinned, Ford scoffed and Stan glared at him. Ford took the necklace out and Bill's smile vanished.

"I think your far from defenseless" Ford cocked the gun, the bullet going in with a loud click. Bill was a clean shot, I rushed forward shooting blue flame out. Stan and Ford jumped back in surprise and gaped at my smoking hands.

"No OnE TouCheS BilL!!" I exclaimed my voice distorting, it was a intimidation technique demons often used. Mabel took her chance running and grabbing the gun from Stan.

"Run you idiots!"She screamed dashing through one of the tunnels. I grabbed Bill's arm and running in the opposite direction with him in tow.

Stan's P.O.V

"You go after them, I'll get the gun back" I ran in Mabel's direction following her down the tunnels. I began panting, five minutes into the chase. I was getting to old for this.

We got to a crossroads tunnel, Mabel hesitated before turning left. If I had any breath I would have laughed. I turned left and found Mabel, pressed against a wall.

She looked at the wall then at me, her eyes wide with shock. This was supposed to be an emergency escape tunnel, but we didn't have enough resources to finish it.

Mabel took a defensive stance, putting the gun in her holster. I didn't want to fight my own niece, but I needed the gun.

I moved first aiming a kick at her side, she caught my leg and tried to punch me using her free arm. I dodged the punch; and shoved my suspended leg forward driving it into Mabel's stomach.

Mabel staggered back slightly winded.  I didn't give her time to recover, I kicked her in the side throwing her against the wall.

She slumped to the floor unconscious. I was instantly filled with guilt, I'd have to make it up to her somehow. I reached in for the gun on Mabel's holster.

Suddenly she snatched  my arm and pushed both her feet into my stomach. She propelled her legs backwards, making me smack into the wall, the world went instantly dark.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
I woke up with a groan, my nose was sticky and slightly warm. I gingerly touched the spot, and pulled back my fingers. It was blood. I got up a little dizzy, and tried to track down Mabel.

I couldn't believe I fell for it, that move Mabel pulled,was conniving and underhanded. And I couldn't more proud.

I staggered to the mess hall and narrowly avoided a fire ball. I let out a small yelp of surprise. I looked around, the whole place was in anarchy.

Ford's P.O.V

A few minutes earlier

I chased after the two demons, still recovering from the shock. If I caught Bill I'd maul him, for what he did to Dipper.  I avoided wide eyed people as I ran past, mumbling apologies as I went.

Dipper and Bill paused for a moment at the staircase. To their left was a small storage room; to their right was the railing, and beneath it a ten foot drop. Their only option was the staircase, the two ran up quick as a flash.

I wiped the sweat off my brow, climbing the stairs two at a time, in order to close the gap. The stairs led to a metal bridge, which led to the power room.

I took out my forty five and aimed it at the two of them. Dipper stepped in front of Bill, narrowing his eyes at me. He summoned to flames into the palms of his hands, his eyes glowing a startling bright brown.

He threw the first ball directly at me, I turned to the sound the fireball grazing my wrists. I let go of my gun with a pained hiss, clutching my wrists, that were now burned raw.

Bill had grabbed Dippers forearm and pulled him to the railings. The two stood on the shaky support, each holding the others hand for support.

My heart leapt in my chest, surely they wouldn't. Dipper turned his head to me, his glowing eyes showed no fear as he and Bill leapt off the railing.

I ran to the side just in time to see Bill and Dipper soar into the air. Half of me was filled with relief and the other filled with anger. I yelled at the guards down below, who were watching the two, hovering.

Bill's P.O.V

I clutched Pintree's hand as we jumped off the bridge rail. I prepared myself to carry Pinetree into the air with me.

I pushed against gravity floating upwards, I expected to feel a tug on my arm where Pintree clung, but it never came. I looked to my side and there was Pinetree floating with a victorious grin.

"I did it!" he exclaimed his face lighting up with glee. I couldn't help but smile, Pinetree had never done more than gone a few feet off the ground before. He'd never actually flown before, or been so high up.

The celebratory atmosphere was shattered by sixer, yelling at the guards below us. The guards open fired on us, bullets shooting into the air with a loud bang.

I moved in a beeline pattern, aiming fireballs of my own at my attackers. Beside me Pinetree, fired back at the guards while yelling insults and dodging the bullets. 

I heard Pinetree scream, I turned around and felt my heart stop. I watched the bullet tear clear through his chest, his eyes went wide with shock then closed, his body went limp and he began to fall.

I went down after him reaching out to grab him before he hit the ground. All around me the guns had stopped, but I didn't notice. I stretched my arm as far as I could my finger tips just brushing Pinetree's hand.

There was a loud shot, a stinging pain went trough me. I cried out, the darkness griping me. As the world faded I could only think of one thing.

Pinetree