Naming ceremony (edited)

I awoke early in the morning, right before the maids came to check on me. I got a book from my nightstand and started reading. If you must know, I long gave up on exercising. Who cares what that old man says, besides she should be busy with other things.

That was before objects came falling at me and I lamented at my life. Ah, back then I didn't have to do any of these things. Dodging came easy in a way, I was used to the stillness of my surroundings in my past life, so of course every movement in the air felt foreign and easily felt by me. By then I had to give up on reading the book, though I still clutched it in my hand less a sword fell and stabbed it through the middle. I wouldn't say that that would be the first time it happened.

"Wake up brat!' the maid yelled harshly. I slowly got out of bed, if I didn't she would probably slap me. It would be easy to dodge, but that would create too much attention. She tossed me a dress and headed out of the room.

Ah, I wonder what made her like this today. She was a maid with a rather harsh temper, but that was just her. Perhaps her husband cheated on her again, dare I say that she should've just broken up with him.

Hmm, she should be fired, but who am I to say anything. But truly, she is too violent, perhaps she's just too delicate for this world.

Time skip

I waited patiently for the doors to open, and when they did, I was met with the sight of half the nobles standing on the sides of the red carpet which led to my parents and a large crystal ball. I heard gasps when some of the nobles saw my face.

I gracefully walked towards my parents, who were smiling brightly at me. They didn't visit often but they were still loving. I sent a small smile at them which made their smiles brighten even more. I curtsied to both father and mother then kneeled down in front of them.

"I dub my daughter Silence Pendegraft," Father said with a smile. I felt the weight of a sword on my right shoulder, then my left.

How ironic that my name didn't seem to have changed. My title has stayed the same, perhaps it is Fate's doing, I do wonder how he himself is doing.

"You may rise," father said. I got on my feet and mother gestured towards the crystal ball.

"Pour your mana into this crystal ball," my mother said. I placed my hands on the ball and poured a drop of my mana into the ball, which then shone a faint light. Half of it was blue and the other white. I knew what it meant, I had the two weakest magick in this world. At least, that was what they believed. This was a simple world, there are some things they have not yet graped, it is inevitable that they would think this way. I looked to my parents whose eyes turned cold and distant. That is, if you didn't look too closely. Hmm, most likely for my protection.

This was a world ruled by the strong, though there is a monarchy, the stronger you were then the more control you had. It wasn't rare for a few beings to have more power than the monarchy, though they weren't interested in political affairs. Besides, the monarchy had the power of the people behind them. Of course, that was a double edged sword.

"Out," my father commanded in an icy tone, his gaze directed at...those behind me. Yes, great beauty is terrible. What can I say? I was just too beautiful for this world, it would be fine if I were a commoner, but as for now.... Ah the heir, me, is too weak yes? Many factions would mostly start to clauber my father, how pitiful, perhaps I shouldn't have done this.

Being cold to me, would only bring good and no evil. This way, the chances of me getting kidnapped in order to get my father to surrender would only get smaller. If I seemed to have no value to my parents, then what was the point in spending money to use me as ransom?