Listening to wind

I was bored, I finished every single book in our house. At the moment, I was lying down beneath an apple tree, staring of into space. I didn't feel like walking, I didn't feel like doing anything in particular. 

So that was when an unsurprising thing happened, which was only unsurprising since I wasn't in the least bit surprised.

Did you hear, Felicity cheated on her husband!

Felicity? That sounds like a name for a cat!

Oh, I knew a cat named Felicity.

Really, was she a nice cat?

Not really, she kept licking herself and her saliva kept flying into me.

Hmph, every living thing does it, don't they think about our hygiene at all?

Your right, how 'bout we go on a strike!

Already tried that, no one said anything.

How long did you stay on strike

An hour, it was really hard. 

Really? Amazing, I can't even stay still for a minute!

Maybe we should just stay in this courtyard.

Yeah, no one spits on us out here.

Mmm-hmmm, even that girl rarely talks, and she's really kind. She goes slow so that we can move around her, so unlike those animals that just rush at us and split us into pieces or those really rude plants that don't even move aside for us. 

So true.

And so the conversation lasted for more than a day, that way also the day that Silence realized that it was winds that were talking. Often going out to get even more things to gossip about. One day, when Silence got bored of their chatter.

"Library?" she asked.

Should we tell her?

She probably can't hear us.

Well then who do you think she's talking to if not us?

Good point.

But how can she hear us?

Dunno, there are weirder people like her, I once saw an old woman talking to fire. 

Hmph, that fire, eating our friends like that, so rude.

I know right, it's not our fault that we kill them, I mean how would you react if they eat your friends? 

"Library?" Silence asked again before they could change topics again.

Oh yeah, the library. I think that the duke of York had a really big library.

But didn't he die a few thousand years ago?

Good point, he was so detestable. Always marching up and down hills, kicking up dust and making us dirty.

Yeah and the sound, if I had ears I bet that it would shatter.

Isn't the right term bleed?

I guess so, but that guy was seriously worse that Yankeedoodle.

What kind of name is that?

Dunno, but he kept talking, there was no end to his talking. And he was an idiot. He called a feather a macaroni.

Who calls a feather macaroni? That's just idiotic.

I know right?

 Oh remember Humpty Dumpty?

Oh yeah, he really was from the dumps. Remember when people kept throwing eggs at him?

Yup, it was really fun making the eggs hit him, though it also got us a little messy.

Yeah it was worth it, but then Eurus accidentally bumped into him?

Yup, and then it turned out that he was a prince. I'm pretty sure he died that day.

And so that was how Silence past most of her days, she more or less given up on trying to ask the winds on where the library was, and for some odd reason, those winds stayed with her no matter where she went. She once asked them why.

"Why stay?"

Hmmm, oh it's because you're our master. 

Mmmmm-hmmm, wind mages usually have their own winds.

Yeah, it your really powerful you could make us expand.

You're the nicest wind mage ever.

Yeah, the other masters don't listen to us.

They were so rude.

I mean we do all the work, yet they don't even thank us!

Remember the time when we temporarily left Owswald?

Oh yeah, the look on his face when he couldn't activate his magick! That made my day.

Yeah, remember the time when our master was a young girl?

Mmmm-hmmm, she was so kind, she didn't even  let us do any work at all.

Yeah, but she still didn't listen to us. 

Why don't people ever listen? All they ever do is talk.

Well, except for master Anemoi, he never talked.

He was such a nice guy, he listened to everything I said.

I know, to bad he died.

So that was how Silence past her days, after a few years of listening to them, she learned quite a bit. Her knowledge was vast, but shallow. Well, that would be the cause of the three winds changing topics every five seconds. 

Though she had to ask, despite herself, "How many?"

How many?

Quite a few if I do say so myself

Isn't that so?

Ah, how come it is always like this?

Isn't it so, they were not of this world or any world, drifting through space until the find an anchor. And then, after that, they simply drift yet again.