Who We Are

Immortals, creatures born from a dying star. 

Created to live forever, immortals created the gods with their immense energy. Gods were created to live a rather long time, however they weren't immortals. Jealous of what they couldn't have, they started turning on the immortals. 

Of course, the immortals have known about this trait of theirs. After all, they were the ones who created the gods, wasn't it them who placed this self-destructing emotion within them? It was all for the sake of dying really, even if they themselves couldn't kill themselves, perhaps their descendants could. This is when the gods created a system, the system that allowed the immortals to become mortal, the system of reincarnation. 

With the immortals and gods dying rather quickly, the system was immediately implemented and gave rise to creatures known as 'humans', at least that was what they liked to refer themselves as. After the massacre of immortals, the gods then took power, without knowing that there were still a few immortals left. 

Wandering the world, those immortals were left as a safety measure, in the case that the gods got out of hand. They were essentially a restart button. Except they also got tired of living, giving up their energy to a single immortal. 

You can naturally see where this was going. Tired of living as well, that immortal traveled the universe to look for a heir, or a new born immortal where they could pass of their destructive powers to. And so he came across two stars, dancing a dance of death together. From those two stars came twin girls, of which he named Enfirele and Muirelle.

With this, he died without guilt and over the centuries Enfirele and Muirelle worked together to destroy the universe whenever the time came.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Muire," Enfirele was lying on a field of grass. At this point of time, the sisters were living on a deserted planet as they did for the majority of the time they were living. 

"Hm?" 

"I want to experience mortality." 

"Hm."

"Muire?"

"Hm?"

"Can you say something other than 'Hm'?"

"Yes?" It was then that Muirelle opened her obsidian eyes to reveal a dazed and confused look. 

Enfirele took a deep breath to regain her inner peace, "Muire?"

"Hm?" Muirelle then closed her eyes again before rolling over to her side. 

"I'm going to be transfering my powers to you."

"Hm."

"Thanks for your support sis," Enfirele muttered under her breath; with that said, a burning light similar to an expanding star shone for a brief moment before disappearing of and leaving without a trace. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're her sister?" a man asked, his black hair messy from all the space traveling and his green eyes were weathered dull. 

"Hm?"

"Destroying universes, that's fine it's your job isn't' it? But do you know whose job it is to take care of all those dead creatures hmm? ME!" He looked at the immortal lying on the grass, unmoving.

"Hey, don't tell me your sleeping, as far as I know, immortals don't sleep now do they," he prodded the black haired girl with his foot, a bit rude but he didn't care about manners after all that time he spent looking for her. 

"Hmm," Muirelle groaned and opened her eyes slowly. After that, she brought herself to sit up, her actions were slower than a sloth, bringing the impatience of the visiting man. 

"Can't you hurry up? What are you doing acting like your low on energy? Are you even immortal?" he asked irritably. 

"You are?" Muirelle asked groggily. 

"Did Reabirch really not say anything to you? Ah, as expected of her, actually, you two are very similar. People who 'treasure' their words. Really, what a pain.

"Since you don't know, why don't we start from the beginning? My name is Death, and yours is?"

Muirelle closed her eyes, thinking about the question. Her name? Ah, having to think is rather hard, her name...."Muire....?"

"Muire? Interesting name is it. Now that that's over with, I need you to stop your sister yeah? She said she wanted to be a mortal but look at her! How can she be mortal if she's already destroyed half the planet?! At this point, the God of War has already seen through her. Do you know how dangerous it is for us immortals?"

"Immortals?"

"....Are you an idiot?"

"Idiot?"

"Are you kidding me?" Death sighed in exasperation, he then wondered, how in the world did Enfirele survive talking to an immortal like this? Perhaps that's why she went berserk the moment she entered a mortal world. 

"Me?"Muirelle asked in a daze. 

Sighing for the nth time, Death sat in front of her, stared into her sleepy eyes and said, "repeat after me."

"Repeat after me?"

"I am an idiot."

"You?"

"....." For a second there, Death thought he saw her eyes twinkling with laughter. He shook his head, 'twinkling with laughter, it would be a miracle if this idiot would show any other emotion other than stupidity. All that traveling must've taken a toll on my eyes.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, I have to leave soon," Death said, looking at the vast field of stars. 

"Oh," Muirelle replied, closing her eyes and lying down. It was time to go into hibernation again she supposed. 

"Go back? What do you mean go back?" an infuriated voice shouted out, "Go back? Ha! There's nothing to go back to."

"Enfirele?" Death asked, looking at the burning inferno approaching them. Enfirele's golden hair glittered among the stars and her serene blue eyes blazing with killing intent. The blood soaked sword completed her image. "War God" was the only thing that entered Death's mind. 

"Who else would it be? They've already destroyed your body, so I'm afraid you'll have to go into reincarnation they'll destroy your soul. If you go now, maybe you'll be reincarnated as a god. You can do whatever then, leave my stupid sister to me yeah?" as she said that, she swung her sword, cleaving Death's soul right down the middle. 

And he was gone, just like that. Next Enfirele turned to look at her sister, she sighed. "Sorry Muire, this will hurt a bit." 

Forcefully, she took away a majority of Muirelle's energy before fleeing. Hopefully, they would think that she was just an undiscovered god.....

Muire opened her eyes before closing them again. 'Whatever happened...it's best to forget...just pretend that nothing happened.'

So the gods found her like that, lying down on the grass without a care in the world. 

"Have you seen anyone pass through here?" they asked her. 

"Hm?" Muire responded. Perhaps someone did...it was just that she couldn't remember.