Chapter 14

Kacey's P.O.V

That last sentence feels like he punched me in the gut. I thought that would shake him I thought I was important to him. I guess I was wrong. My control snaps and my powers unleash. I black out and feel I my powers take over.

Phoebe's P.O.V

Kacey floats up, and the orb is brought into her swarm of objects. The winds grow so strong that I can feel myself being pulled toward her. Her eyes flash like lightening. "Kacey stop it." I yell but my words don't seem to register. The winds start to get so strong that people are hanging on to the tables. Mom and Dad burst through the door. Stopping when they see Kacey. "Oh no this is what I feared." Dad says. "She has gone into overdrive mode." He yells over the winds. "What does that mean." I yell back. "It's when an occuless loses complete control and their powers take over. This normally happens when they are in immediate danger, and their powers do this to save their lives. But since she doesn't have control of her powers she must have lost it." Dad explains grabbing mom's hand, so she doesn't get pulled into the tornado. "Well how do we snap her out of it?" I yell. "We can't it acts like she is unconscious. Her powers force her to lose all control. Only when it feels that it is safe will it calm down and let her regain conscious." He yells back. "So how do we make her feel safe?" I question. "I know how to." Max speaks up surprising me. "No, your the reason we're in here in the first place." I yell back as the winds once again grow stronger. "Calm down Phoebe, your yelling is upsetting her powers." He says back to me calmly. "Kacey please calm down I'm sorry I was such an idiot. I realize now that this isn't what I want. All I want is for me and you to go back to the way we were. I'm sorry can you ever forgive me?" He pleads to her. It seems to work the winds slow a little. And the heavier objects fall from her twister. But then Dark Mayhem burst through the ceiling. "Stop right there." He orders commandingly. We all freeze but Kacey's winds pick up once more. Her eyes flashing angrily. "You have failed me Max." He says looking at Max with fake sadness looking at Max. "Tsk Tsk Tsk what a shame you could have done so well, but you chose poorly." He says raising Max in the air with his telkinis. Max struggles and squirms but Dark Mayhem holds tight. "Get off of him!" Kacey struggles to yell before she blacks out again. Wave after wave of power is pushed out as Kacey fights for control of herself. She breaks from the hold her powers had. Raising a hand she forces her father off Max. "You foolish girl." Dark Mayhem laughs cruelly. Walking toward Kacey but she doesn't back down. She stands up a little straighter with power. "You will fear me." He says cracking a column with his telkinis. "I fear alot of things but I will never fear you." She says darkly stepping forward. He looks down at her menacingly. He pulls back his hand but Kacey already has him pushed into the wall. She stomps over to him and points in his face. "Don't you even try because I'm not afraid of you. I will do anything to protect this city." She says spitting in his face. She turns her back and he throws a green fireball knocking her over. "How dare you defy me little girl." He says laughing. Kacey's eyes flash dangerously. And once again her powers take over from rage. And it's a a battle between the two occulesses. Soon the wind around them picks up so much but instead of being brought into the fight we are pushed out. Like walls of air. No one can get to them to stop the fight. We can barely see them moving wildly in the twisters. "Kacey stop it. He's not worth it." Max tries to yell but can barely be heard over the winds. Somehow Kacey hears him though and she stops at once. She looks at him her eyes files with tears. Dark Mayhem lays on the floor motionless. "Is he dead?" I ask shocked. "No just knocked out " She stutters before running out of the gym. "Kacey wait." Max yells running after her.

Kacey's P.O.V

I run out of the gym my vision blinded by tears. I feel a hand grab me by the shoulder. I let my legs crumble underneath me. Anticipating the feel of hard cement but it never comes. I fell strong arms set me down on the curb next to the body their are connected to. Without my me telling it to my body curls up to them. And finally all the running emotions I am feeling come out in the form of tears. Sliding down my cheeks and soaking whoever's shirt. I make no move to stop crying. The strong arms return, but this time wrapping around my shoulders and rubbing my back. I fell myself get shift on to the person's lap. I continue to cry, but this time in their chest. I breath in deeply and smell their strong cologne. It tickles my nose. It's Max's cologne . I think to myself and melt into his embrace more. Feeling tired from using so much energey, I gladly fall into sleeps grasp.