Chapter 22

Max's P.O.V.

I feel a heavy weight thud on my chest repeatedly. Opening my eyes I see Chloe's smiling down at me. "Wake up Max." She giggles. "No it's too early." I whine. "Get up loser." I hear Kacey say above me. I stick my tongue out at her. She hits me on the head with a pillow. "Come on Chloe let's leave the old man to wake up." Kacey says letting Chloe jump on her back. "Let's go baby." She yells. Kacey half runs out the room. Groaning I sit up. I go to the bathroom and splash water on my face. "Hey loser you going to eat with us or not?" Kacey asks from behind me making me jump. "Yeah I'll be down soon." I say sighing. "Whats wrong Max?" She asks leaning onto my shoulder. "I'm fine." I tell her reasuringly. "Just had a ruff night that's all." I tell her. "You know you can tell me anything Max?"She asks me walking out of the bathroom. I walk down stairs and sit down to eat with them. "Max your coming to our play tonight right?" Billy asks gesturing to Nora. "Of course he will be." Mom answers for me. "Well don't forget me and Kacey's cape ceremony is tomorrow." I tell them. "What no it isn't." Mom says before her eyes widen. "Oh my god it is. There is so many things I don't have prepared." She says paniced. "Mom don't worry me and Max agreed that we don't want it to be a big deal." Kacey says giving her a smile. "What are you talking about at Phoebe's cape ceremony it was a big deal." Mom says looking at Kacey like she was crazy. "Mom look we don't think it should be a big deal. But if you want you can make a cake." I say smirking. But mom was already pulling Dad out the door talking about party games. "Can we be excused?" Nora asks for the three of them. "Yeah sure." Phoebe says waving the off. "God I told her it wasn't a big deal." I complain. "Max it's a nice gesture. After all she wants it to be a big deal since my cape cermony was a long time coming. But your's was never seen coming." Phoebe says picking up the plates. Great thanks tell me that I will never be as good as you in anything. That's why I tried to be evil in the first place. But I even failed at that. "Max hello anyone home?" Kacey asks knocking on my forehead. "Stop it." I say pushing her arm off. 

At Billy and Nora's play

"Max you came." Nora says running up to hug me. "Of course I came where else was I going to be able to watch people fail for free?" I joke to her  hugging her back. "Nora come on." The director calls. "Alright go on your going to do fine." I say as she runs off. "Are you trying to act like me?" Phoebe asks behind me. "What no. I will never be anything like you." I tell her walking away. What is that supposed to mean. Sure being nice is her thing but I'm not a complete jerk. And I can be a decent person. Going back to our seats I don't see mom or dad. "Where did mom and dad go?" I ask Kacey. "To give Billy and Nora some last minute tips" She whispers as the light dim. "Look it's Nora." Chloe shouts when Nora comes on stage. Kacey quiets her quickly.  When it was Billy's time to go on stage he doesn't come on. "Where's Billy?" Phoebe and I asks each other at the same time." I feel Chloe find herself on my lap. Looking next to me Kacey isn't in her seat anymore. Phoebe notices too. She gives me a questioning look and I just shrug my shoulders. Billy comes on stage looking at at someone behind the curtains. He stutters his line before he pukes one the stage. Kacey rushes out from behind the curtain and pulls a coughing Billy off of the stage. "And with that we will be giving our actors a break." The teacher says coming on the mic. Phoebe, Chloe, and I half walk half run to the back stage. "I'm sorry but only the actors and parents can be back stage." A ten year old dressed as an usher tells me. "Kid it's a school play." I tell him trying to push past. "I'm sorry sir, but I can't let you back her unless you have proof that you part of an actor's imedeate family." He says block me again. "Here look. There's Me, and Max, with Nora and Billy." Phoebe says pulling out her phone and showing him a picture of us at the park. Nodding he unhooks the velvet rope. We walk through but he shuts it before Chloe can get through. "What are you doing man?" I yell at him. "She's not in the photo. So there is no proof that she is related to an actor." He says nonchalantly. "Well she is related to us so she has to be related to our sister and brother." Phoebe tries to reason with the kid. "Don't worry Bobby they're with me." Kacey says from the stairs leading to the stage. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't know." Bobby says unhooking the velvet rope and letting Chloe pass through. We run up the stairs and see Billy sittying in chair surrounded by a bunch of people. We push through the crowd toward Billy. "Billy are you okay?" Chloe asks him worry etched on her face. "Yeah I'm fine just got a bit nervous." Billy says giving her a shy smile. "Just a little nervous you threw up all over the the whole stage." I tell him laughing a little. Phoebe shoots me a disapproving look. I was just trying to make him laugh. "Max it's not funny." Nora says her eyes lighting up like she is about to laser my face off.  "It's fine Nora. I feel a lot better now." Billy says. He gives me a smile. "Guys we need to start the show back up now." The teacher says coming up on the stage. "Billy do you want to preform again?" He asks him gently. "I want to preform." He says letting out a large sigh. "That a boy." Dad says clapping him on the shoulder.

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed chapter 22. I will be getting back on to the main plot soon. Please comment and vote.