Time for Atonement

Carino has resigned from the school. Giorno was shocked when he heard about the news. It was as the sky had fallen down to crush him. His mind was a tangle of mess. He felt suffocated and his chest was tight. Giorno never felt so lost in his entire life. He did not know what to do with this problem or emotion.

He used everything to find her. Giorno immediately drove the car and saw her standing in front of the beach, her favourite place. Her long wavy hair was blown away by the wind, her emerald eyes were watching at the ocean and her expression filled with resentment. She was as beautiful as the first time Giorno met her. Without a second thought, Giorno ran to her. Carino was surprised to see Giorno in there. At first, she was frightened by his previous deed but her worries were gone when Giorno hugged her. It was the first time she saw this expression. Giorno was fragile and scared, as he was a child.

Carino shook her head. Giorno was a child. Everyone forgot about it because of his mature demeanour. He always tried his best to bury his feeling under a cold surface.

"I thought I lost you..."

"Don't be silly. I won't go anywhere."

"I'm sorry."

She hugged him back. Giorno had lived a hard life. He did not have the luxury of love in tender age. The closes warmth feeling he ever had coming from his friend, but this was different. At first, he thought it as a passed by attraction or perhaps his yearning for maternal affection. It was more than that. He wanted to spend his life with her. He fell in love.

"Do you think we can start over again?"

"I'm sorry, but..."

"I understand. I won't force you. However..." He held her hand gently. "I want to do the right thing. This time, we are not going to have a relationship as teacher and student, nor as a friend. I want to be the one for you."

Carino was speechless. Giorno was determined about their relationship. His blue bright eyes were staring into her soul. His smile filled with serenity and gentleness. He showed just how much he cherished her. She has two options in front of her, continued or ended it. She did not know whether her choice was right or wrong.

Her face was serious, "Are you sure you want a twenty-three years old woman as your girlfriend? I am seven years older than you. There is plenty of young girls that better than me. You are also underage. We cannot go further than kissing for two years."

Giorno's cheek blushed. He never thought it that far. This bound to bring a problem to Fiore. However, he had decided everything. "This is my choice, I won't regret it."

She had a small smile on her face. "If that's your decision then I am willing to be responsible for anything. Just promise me one thing." She raised her pinky finger, "Please never betray me."

He chuckled as they intertwined their pinky. "I promised."

"Can I call you GioGio now? I always thought it was improper to give you a nickname because we are not close."

"Sure. I like that."

They hugged each other. However, a pang of deep guilt grew inside his heart. Giorno never told her about his real identity. He did not want her to find the truth. She had to be saved from his dangerous world.

---

Giorno remembers his meeting with Dior. That memory sends him back to an unpleasant childhood trip. Giorno is bullied by older and stronger kids because he looks fragile and weak. He will make sure the same thing is not happening to his daughter. However, Giorno sure that Dior is a strong kid.