Happy Ending

"Mom, what does dad look like?"

Dior did not know anything about his father. Her grandmother (bluntly) stated that he was a bad man, a jerk and a disloyal person. Her grandfather kept changing the topic when she asked him. She wanted to know the truth directly from her mother. Carino was stoned by her sudden question and stopped hanging the laundry.

"Giogio? He is a handsome pretty boy." She paused for a while, "He is a young man with fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair just like yours."

Dior was not satisfied with the answer, "His... personality?"

"Your father is a smart, mature and calm person. He loves helping people and generous. He has a big sense of justice and strong determination, but..." She remembered how icy Giorno's eyes, "He is a bit ruthless and cold at the same time. It makes hard for people to approach him. I wonder what kind of horrible life he has gone through to have such a personality at a young age. He also always looked distant and lonely ..."

She sat down and laughed, "I actually teased him a lot when we were together. He was only sixteen years old boy with unstable hormone, sexually confused and way too stiff for his age. I sometimes pinched his cheek, surprised him from behind or whispered something lewd. He would blush and said, 'A woman shouldn't say such a thing'."

Her mother spoke casually as she was practiced for this the whole time. "Deep inside somewhere, he is just a child. He does not understand a single thing about love. He bought me flowers and a dress, took me to a fancy restaurant and accommodated any luxurious stuff just for me. I kept rejecting his gift, but he insisted. At first, I thought he came from a rich family, turned out he was a.... Don. I was shocked. He was only sixteen years old and he was head of the mafia."

There was a pause for a moment, "He cut me off, probably with reason to keep me safe or something like that. Laugh, pain and other feelings are something that should be shared in a relationship. No matter what kind of bond you have, you should let people be part of it. I was ready with the consequences. I guess he does not want to lose me that badly. "

"Why don't you stop him?"

"I... cannot do that." Her face is filled with regret. "If I make him follow me, he will abandon his dream. He will be an empty man. His dream makes him alive and he is actually changing this town into a better place. We live in different places from the beginning." She laughed and wiped tears on her eyes. "I shouldn't even have a relationship with a sixteen years old boy. I knew it was morally wrong, but he made me weak."

"Do you love him?"

"I hate the fact that he lies about himself, leave me behind and never come back, but ...." She remembers her time together with Giorno. It was truly a magical moment. That woman was smiling, "I will be lying if I say I don't love him."

Dior wakes up from her dream. She lies on a huge bed with a satin bedsheet. Her surrounding is unfamiliar. This room is too luxurious for her. There are big sliding glass windows, a 72-inch plasma TV, a small refrigerator near the cupboard, a large closet and chandelier on the ceiling. Who put the chandelier in the bedroom? A carpet in the bathroom too!

"You're awake."

A woman in her 20's with short twirling pink hair stands next to the door. She wears a black dress with a slit on the thigh. Dior recognizes her from a magazine. She is a famous singer currently famous in Italy.