Chapter 8 Confessions

After the Sirius Black buzz in which all the students had concocted their own version of the breaking in, it seemed as though the Hogwarts students would not be quietened and everywhere you went you could hear weird stories involving Sirius Black and daffodils.

Eerin just shook her head at the students antics, she was trying her best to forget what happened but it was always at the forefront of her mind. Silently she trudged into the Great Hall greeting the students as she went by, slipping into the seat beside Snape Eerin grabbed some toast off his plate and shoved it in her mouth.

“I believe that was mine Beaumont or have you forgotten basic manners” Snape said quirking an eyebrow at her.

“You weren’t eating it and besides I was hungry” she grumbled slapping his hand away as he tried to get back his breakfast. Eerin shook her head at him before scanning the Great Hall in search of Harry, she spotted him sitting with Ron Hermione with a troubled expression on his face.

Oh no that’s not a good sign Eerin thought to herself Lily used to have that same expression when she was trying to figure something out. Knowing her Harry probably inherited the love of solving riddles through his mother and that was not good.

Suddenly a large grey and black eagle wearing an eye patch came sweeping into the Hall and headed for the staff table, the hall was silent as all eyes were on the eagle landing on Eerin’s empty plate.

“Soffrel you have something to give me” she cawed stroking the great wings that were spread out in front of her. The eagle cooed appreciatively before sticking out it’s leg and handing her a letter.

Eerin placed a treat in the eagle’s mouth, before opening up the letter.

Dear Eerin

Lucius Malfoy has discovered your whereabouts and intends to seek you out, be prepared as you have undoubtedly realized Malfoy isn’t going to ask you out for tea and biscuits he intends to finish what he started.

Master

Eerins eyes flashed as she read the letter, so Malfoy had finally got the balls to pick her out on his own and without his filthy cronies. Well this time Malfoy you won’t be getting away. Eerin thought darkly, quickly Eerin whipped out her wand and transfigured her plate into parchment before penning a hasty note to her master.

I will be Prepared.

She tucked the note into Soffrels pouch before clicking her tongue and watching it fly away, Snape was looking at her curiously with his sharp gaze, and Eerin felt her heart rate speed up a little. She turned back to her breakfast munching on it idly.

“Beaumont, Beaumont.” 

Eerin jerked her head to face him as she realized that all the faculty were looking at her, blushing she ducked her head, whilst Snape looked at her questioningly.

“I was calling you for a good 5 minutes, what were you thinking of?” He asked her softly, his black eyes boring into hers.

“I was just thinking about Remus, he didn’t come to breakfast” She lied, instantly Snapes face darkened and his eyes flashed.

“I wouldn’t waste your time thinking about him Beaumont” He sneered before rising and sweeping out of the Great hall through the back door.

“Now class today we will be going to greenhouse 4 so I trust you all to be on your best behaviour” Professor Sprout preached as she led them into a green open aired glass house. The students looked around with awed expression on their faces.

Eerin stood at the back while the rest of the class filtered in, her day had been uneventful so far the only eventful thing being Masters letter. Luckily this was the last lesson so she didn’t have to worry about sitting in on anymore classes where she was forced to look as though she was enjoying it.