Ch. 2 Nico

(A/N) In this Nico and Hazel are both in freshman year even though Hazel is younger. And I know Nico is younger than the rest of the seven, but for the sake of the story, they are all freshmen (and roughly the same age).

Nico POV:

The shrill noise of Nico's alarm clock cut through the air. Nico sat up and slammed his hand on the off button. He was already up of course; his alarm clock was nearly useless. Usually he could never fall asleep and even if he did, he would wake up an hour later in cold sweat because of the nightmares.

Nico got out of the bed and felt the cool morning air rush around him. He shivered while looking around for the source of the breeze.

"Ugh," he thought as he saw that the window was open and the bright summer air was streaming in. His stepmother Persephone must have opened it while he was still asleep. She was always complaining about how dark and stuffy it is in his room.

Nico pulled on a dark t-shirt, black jeans, shoes, and his aviator jacket. He grabbed his backpack and walked down the stairs into the kitchen. His stepmother Persephone was there making breakfast and talking to Nico's step sister Hazel.

"Nico honey, have some toast." Persephone called sweetly. She always tried to act nice, but Nico knew she resented him and his sister. They were reminders of his father's previous marriages.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." Nico mumbled as he sat down at the table and opened a comic book.

"Nico you have to eat something." Said Hazel as she tossed a piece of toast at him.

Nico took a bite of the toast, he knew Hazel worried when he didn't eat anything. He stood up and stumbled for a moment from lack of sleep, but quickly shook it off before anyone could notice. He called to Hazel to hurry up or they would miss the bus.

(A/N) I'm sorry, I know I promised a longer chapter and this is really short. I promise the next one will be longer. This story is starting off a little slow, so I'll attempt to make it more interesting. I will also try to update every Monday. ~Mel ❤️