Ch. 11

A/N Hello my friends, yes, I changed the cover to something a bit more mysterious because why not. I also got a new instagram because someone hacked my old one. Its @confusedmess_ if you want to follow me. Enjoy this incredibly short chapter!

Silena POV (oooh switching it up a little! It only took 11 chapters)

      Silena had a knack for telling when two people liked each other. She didn't know how or why, but every prediction about a relationship ended up being right. She looked across the lab table at the two boys who were avoiding each other's eyes. She looked to her left and saw her best friend Calypso staring at one of the boys. Leo, that's his name.

      Oh god, She thought, this is going to get complicated.

       Silena cleared her throat. "You guys do realize that we have a lab to complete. Could we please stop staring at each other and pass me the iodine?"

      This knocked Calypso out of her trance-like state and she handed Silena the iodine. "Here," she said and went back to doodling in her notebook. Silena rolled her eyes at this but continued working.

      "Nico and Leo," Silena said the two boys looked up, "could you two work on the lab analysis?"

      "Sure," Leo replied. "Hey Calypso can you help me with this?" He moved to the other side of the table leaving Nico all alone.

      Selina saw Nico's face turn dark red as he glared daggers at Leo. Oh, so they had a fight. She smirked, this should be fun. "Here Nico come help me with this experiment. They worked in silence for a while until Selina decided that she needed to find out what was going on. But how could she ask Nico about it when Leo was right there? She glanced at the small bowl of salt, Ah ha. She quickly knocked the bowl of salt into the sink. "Oh crap," she said, "Nico can you come with me to get some more salt?"

      "Sure..." he said, although his voice and posture indicated he was suspicious. They walked to the supply table in the back corner of the room. This is when Selina made her move.

      "What happened between you and Leo? I mean you two are always weird around each other, but today is... different. Why?"

     "I- I don't know what you're talking about." Silena saw his face go red as he grabbed the salt to fill the bowl again.

     She grabbed his wrist to stop him from pouring the salt and looked at his face. "Really, you can tell me." Nico glanced back at Leo who was talking with Calypso and it did not look like they were doing the analysis. Leo grabbed Calypso's hand and started laughing at a joke she made. Silena turned around and saw Nico's fists curl slightly. She muttered a soft, "oh."

     "Yeah," Nico scowled and walked back to the lab table with the salt.

A/N From now on the chapters will probably be on the shorter side (like this one), but shorter chapters mean more frequent updates and, if I feel like it, I may do two in one week 😉. Stay tuned for the next chapter!

~Mel❤️