Ch. 14

A/N: IMPORTANT NEWS!! I might rewrite some early chapters because they really don't reflect the story anymore. I know for a fact I'll re-write the first one and make it longer, so you can go back and read that after I update it. Without further adieu, here's the chapter!

~Mel ❤️

    Jason's house was just two blocks over from Leo's, but each minute they spent walking in awkward silence felt like an eternity. The awkward silence was mostly Nico's fault because whenever Leo tried to start a conversation, Nico ignored him.

     Eventually, they made it to Jason's house. The group could hear muffled music coming from inside the house as they walked up to the door. As soon as they stepped inside, Leo and Calypso split up from the group and Hazel found Frank which left Nico all alone. He wandered around the party for an hour trying to find anyone he knew, but to no avail.

     Out of nowhere, Jason appeared in front of him.

     "Hey bro," Jason said, coming over to give Nico a handshake. "How's it going. Are you likin' the party?"

     He nodded. "Yeah thanks for inviting me. I've never really been to a party before... at least not like this."

     Jason slapped The shorter boy on the back. "Loosen up, don't be so stiff." He shoved a red solo cup in front of his face. "Here, drink it. You need it more than anyone in this room."   

    Nico smiled and reluctantly took the cup. His nose scrunched up as he took a sip, but he continued to drink. "I don't plan on staying too long. I just wanted to make Leo stop bugging me. For some reason he really wanted me to come," he forced a smile, but on the inside, he felt like a knife had just been thrust into his heart.

     Someone called Jason's name from somewhere in the tangled mess of bodies on the dance floor. "Oh hey, gotta go." Jason looked at Nico and saw how uncomfortable he looked. He dropped his voice to a comforting whisper. "Just try and have fun okay?" Nico nodded and Jason turned around to try and find the source of the voice.

     Nico put down his cup on a table and started to walk towards the door.

     "Hey, where are you going?" Leo's hand grabbed onto Nico's arm as he was reaching for the doorknob. Leo smirked and ran his hands through his hair. He looked confident, but Nico noticed that his eyes were slightly red. He couldn't tell if Leo had been crying or if he was just really high.

     "I was leaving because like I told you, parties aren't really my thing."

     "No please stay," Leo whined in a drunk whisper.

     Nico rolled his eyes and turned away from the door. "Fine, I'll stay–" Leo perked up, "–on one condition." He grabbed the cup out of the drunk boys' hand. "Please stop drinking. You're drunk enough as it is. We're freshman we shouldn't even be near this stuff," Nico complained.

     Leo flashed a toothy drunk smile, "What are you my mom?" he chuckled to himself and walked away, thankfully without another drink.

     Nico sighed dejectedly. He slowly made his way over to the drink table and wondered if this was a good Idea. Meh, what the hell. He thought. If he was going to stay at the party he might as well have a little fun.

A/N: Sorry again for the super long wait and super short chapter. I have the next chapter written, so I'll try and remember to post it next week. Also, today was 4/20,  so everyone at my school was high as fuck and the hallways smelled like weed. It was kinda gross. Anyway, Until next time!

~ Mel ❤️