Chapter Twenty Six

***

I got my food and went in search of free tables with Yasmin. As we walked through the crowded cafeteria, I Saw Lucas. He motioned me over. There were two free seats by him.

I held Yasmin's hand and led her over there.

As we approached, Lucas stood up with a bright smile. He looked happy for someone who'd claimed he was very tired a few minutes ago.

"Hey, Jarl. Kept you a seat." he started but then noticed Yasmin.

"Uh, hi."

"Hi." she smiled.

He turned to me.

"She's the best friend you told me about? Yasmin?"

"Yup. She finally made it." I replied happily.

"Nice to meet you, Yasmin. You seem familiar. Have we met?"

"No, I don't think so." Yazz lied and I shook my head in amusement.

"You're probably right. You should have a seat."

"Thanks" we both replied.

Lucas being behind me was kind enough to pull my chair for me to sit.

"Hmm. Why are you so happy, Lucas? And since when did you become a gentleman?" I mused.

He chuckled and sat down too.

"I've always been a gentleman. And I'm really happy right now cuz my parents are back in town."

"Really?" I asked, surprised. "Where were they?"

"Australia, for business. It's been a whole year now since the last time I saw them."

"A whole year??" Yasmin asked, surprised as much as I was.

"Yup. But I'm happy cuz I'll be able to go visit them during the weekend."

"Oh I'm happy for you, Lulu." I smiled at him and put a hand on his. He looked at me with that cute smirk on.

"Uh-hum!" Yasmin cleared her throat and we both looked at her.
"What??" she asked innocently. We laughed.

"You seem to be a case too." Lucas mused at Yazz.

"At first sight. But if you know Harl enough, you'll discover she's worse than me."

"Mm really? Then I don't know you very well, Harlem." he turned to me.

"No you don't, honey." I smiled at him and he reddened. "I'm just trying to be on my best behaviour in this school because I'm on scholarship. Any tiny shit of mine and I will get me dismissed."

"You're right. Okay. That means you have two sides then."

"If you want to."

"This part of you that I already know is tough, careless and strong. What's your other side?"

"The same things but with much more risk. I did a lot of wrong things which I might start regretting but for the moment, I give no fuck about them."

"Oh."

Yazz and I laughed at his expression.

"And you Lucas, you seem so good. The perfect good boy figure. Do you have another side? That no one knows about?"

"Yeah. If you want. But only my friends know. The boys, I mean. It's preferable that way."

Yasmin and I looked at each other.

"Hmmm. Are you sure you don't wanna show me your other side?" I teased, wriggling my brows playfully.

"Hahaha, um...probably not." he replied reddening. "Because the way I act towards boys is totally different from the way I with girls."