Chapter Fifty Nine

***

Lucas lay on the couch with me lying on top of him as we chatted and laughed. We were officially a couple and I was darn happy about it. He was my boyfriend and best friend.

"Hahaha, what did you do?" I giggled, my face buried in his neck.

"I couldn't do anything. I was so embarrassed. Gosh, I'm more than glad that that part of my life is over with." he mused.

He had me wrapped warmly in his arms.

"I imagine the shame." I replied, amused.

"Horrible. But that's over now."

"Yeah..."

We lay quiet for a while until I began to trail soft kisses on the side of his neck. Why was it only now that I realised how much I loved him and everything about him! His scent, his skin! I'd refused to admit it a long time ago.

I kissed him softly.

"I hope this isn't some dream." he murmured and I giggled.

"No, it's not."

"I'm so lucky." he mused and I laughed. Lucas still had that funny attitude which I loved.

"We both are."

I lifted my head up to face him. He caressed my cheek and brought me down to kiss him.

At that moment, my door flung open and my mom walked in. Lucas and I immediately got up from the couch. My mother stared in surprise and I couldn't help it but be amused. Lucas was clearly nervous though.

"Um good morning, ma'am." he managed to greet.

"Mmmhm. Good morning young man I caught smooching with my daughter." my mom replied, closing the door behind her. Lucas looked at me and I laughed.

"Mom this is Lucas. The good friend of mine I told you about."

"Oh, the famous Lulu. How come I just caught you kissing him?" my mom asked.

"Well, we got together this morning." I smiled at her.

"Oh really?" she turned to Lucas and stretched a hand out. He shook it. "You're welcome."

"Th– thank you, ma'am."

"Alright Harlem, I'll be in my room if you need me." she said.

"Okay, momma."

My mother left us. I turned to Lucas and laughed

"You should've seen your face!"

"I had a mini heart attack, I swear. Your mom's quite cool."

"She is with you cuz I told her a lot about you and how you were of great help to me back in Greenwill. She wasn't as kind with King when I began dating him."

"Oh, cmon. You can't compare me to King." he teased and I laughed.

"Right. You're way better."

*

That afternoon, Lucas, Yazz and I went to the mall. I needed to find shoes for my super chic Vera Wong dress!

Of course Lucas insisted on buying for me but I refused. He'd spoiled me more than enough.

We went through different boutiques in the mall. But found none that was good enough. Anyway, we still found a good dress and some shoes for Yazz.

"How bout we stop for a snack before going on with the search?" I proposed.

"Right!" Yazz quickly replied and we laughed.

"My treat." Lucas added.

"Okay."