Chapter Thirty Nine

***

We kissed each other with such an intensity that he forgot himself and I felt his hand grab my ass. I gasped surprised, breaking the kiss.

"Damn, Rick!" I mused, poking him playfully in the chest. He chuckled. It was Saturday morning and I'd gone to meet Rick. We were in his room.

"What? I'm your boyfriend right?" he smirked.

"So?" I poked him again and he chuckled.

"Tonight's party's gonna be great. There's gonna be craziness." he stated

"There's always craziness."

"Exactly. And I hope after that party we get to spend some private time together." he kissed my chin and I smiled down at him.

"In your dreams." I said sweetly and he widened his eyes, amused and surprised. I laughed.

"Are you always this tough, honey? Were you this tough with your ex?" he asked.

"Yup. What did you expect?" I chuckled, " I'm kinda hard to get as you've already noticed. Even when you succeed in having me, I'm still hard to get."

"Hm, so what does that actually mean?"

I kissed his forehead.

"It means you should not expect to sleep with me in the days to come." I mused.

"Are you serious? Why??"

I got off him.

"I don't know, Ricky. I just need to be sure of what I'm doing and if I really want it. In other words, some things are kinda sacred and so I don't do them carelessly."

"I see."

He looked slightly disappointed. But I didn't really give a fuck. That was me. I never slept with a guy on a first date or a few days after engaging in a relationship.

With King we dated for five months before I let him touch me. And if it was up to me, I would've stayed a virgin until I probably got married. But unluckily for me, the human body has desires.

"Sorry, but that's me. I don't easily sleep with just anyone. Even my boyfriend."

He was silent for some time but then spoke again, a smile on his face.

"Okay, honey. I understand. I'll wait until you're ready. The most important thing is having you by my side."

"Even after a year?" I laughed.

"I think I can handle it."

Rick was a sweetheart.

We smooched and chatted some more before I decided to leave and go stroll out of campus. I needed a break. I told him goodbye and left his room.

Walking down the corridor, I greeted some other frat guys who passed by.
I bumped into Ian while I was going down the stairs. He greeted me.

"Hello, Harlem."

"Hey Ian. How are you?"

"I'm alright. You'll be attending the Alpha party tonight right?"

"Of course. Who can miss out on that?" I mused.

"I know right. I heard the Alpha phi seniors have succeeded in bringing in strong drinks. It's gonna be hot." he chuckled and I laughed.

"Totally. Is Lucas gonna be there?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Okay. Then we'll all meet tonight."

"Aight. Bye."