Chapter Thirty Six

***

That night at eight, I was ready. Yazz was so happy for me. When Rick arrived, he called to let me know he was in front of the house. It was better that way so I could sneak out without the other girls knowing or minding my business.

"Hey." he smiled when he saw me come out of the house.

"Hey." I went up to him and we shared a hug.

"You look great."

"Thanks."

He opened the car door for me and I went in. That night was going to be a good one.

**

Rick and I had a lot of fun. First we ate in a very nice restaurant and then for the rest of the night, he took me to the movies and then we went dancing. It was great.
I had a lot of fun and I didn't doubt my decision of accepting him. Not even once.

It was official that this guy had succeeded in making me like him. But he had to be careful too, I wasn't someone easy to be with.
In a relationship I preferred equality or if not, dominance. I hated being a 'follow-you-around' girl.
The fact that I was independent and not ready to submit drove most guys away. Only the serious ones stayed. Like King or Rick. I'd told Rick all he could expect from having a relationship with me. I'd told him,

"It's better you know now. I want equality in a relationship. If not possible, I'm most likely to be a little dominant. I don't take shit, please. And when it comes to loyalty, I'm your girl." I expected him to be a little scared or come back on his decision but he didn't.

"You're perfect for me. Let's aim for equality in our relationship. And when it comes to loyalty too, I'm your man."

His answer had pleased me. I had that feeling that we would get along quite well.

**

We were back on the very quiet campus at midnight.

Rick dropped me in front of the beta house and I invited him in for a little snack. He accepted of course.
I had my own keys to the house and so I opened the main door and we got in.
Rick got comfortable in the living room.

"So Ricky, what should I get you?" I asked. He smirked at me.

"Nothing. I'm in here cause you owe me a kiss."

I laughed a little.

"Oh, I see. And you won't leave until I kiss you?"

"That's right."

I smiled at him. Why refuse now? We were literally a couple already. That's right, this dude was now my boyfriend. It surprised me too, the rate at which we fell for each other and finally hooked up.

"Alright, then." I walked up to him and straddled him, "Here's your kiss, sir."

I lowered my head as he wrapped his arms around me, and soon enough we were sharing a passionate kiss.

***

Friday morning I felt great. Everything was fine. I'd made many paintings and portraits for James, I had a new boyfriend and I'd written my first test very well. Everything was going on fine.
--
During a free period, Lucas and I went to join other students on one of the campus's fields. They were great areas to relax, read or have a snack. Lucas and I found a spot to sit. Yasmin had gone to Brooklyn to visit her mom.

I sat down and took a sandwich while Lucas lay with his head on my bag.

"Nice day isn't it?" he asked, looking up at the sky.

"Yeah. Good weather." I replied, taking a bite into my sandwich.

He stared up at me.

"How's it going with Rick? He seems very satisfied."

I laughed.

"Satisfied?" I mused.

Luke smirked.

"A way of saying he is happy."

"Oh. Well, that's good to know. Everything's alright between us for a start."

"Good for him. He has a wonderful woman as girlfriend."

"Aaaaw, thanks. You think I'm wonderful?" I mused.

"Yup. And you're hot too." he stated, looking up at me.

I stared at his beautiful face

"Thanks, Lulu. And you're cute as fuck."

He chuckled at my compliment.

"Is 'fuck' cute?" he laughed I joined him.

"Shut up. You know what I mean."

We both laughed and then quieted down. I looked at Lucas again. He was very handsome. The guy had no single spot on his face! He would've been perfect for modeling.

While he looked away, I observed his facial traits.
Carved brows, beautiful green eyes, a nice nose, beautiful pink lips...

When I looked at his lips, thoughts of that party night kiss in cove university returned to my mind and I suddenly felt an inexplicable need. The way he'd kissed me. Honestly, I had not felt that same intensity with Rick. But anyway, I didn't really care.

"What's wrong?" Lucas's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong? You were staring at my face. Do I have a scar or what?"

I laughed.

"No, no. It's nothing."

He smiled.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Hm, okay." he lifted his head off my bag and put it on my lap.

"Hey lil prince, careful. I got a boyfriend now." I joked.

"Fuck that shit, baby. I knew you first." he replied and we both laughed.

"When are you gonna draw me again?" he asked.

"Um, I was thinking of today."

"Your room or mine?"

"Chose where you're most comfortable."

"My room of course. Don't wanna come across those annoying princesses." he said, standing.

"Where are you going?" I asked as he stood up.

"Gotta find Ian. See you later." he held my face with a hand and kissed my cheek."It's crazy." he later added.

"What?"

"Whenever I kiss these soft cheeks of yours, I feel like biting you." he chuckled.

"You're sick." I mused.

"Probably. See you later."

"Okay, Lulu."