Chapter 5: Scattered Pack

I absolutely hate patrolling. Athena and I scout the Fallen territories of Venus to scavenge Fallen shiplinks to narrow down any information about Skolas's whereabouts. We first traveled to the Academy, where I first saw the Vex.

"Picking up Ally signature," notified Nolan.
"Indigo Arcane."

Once he said that, I heard a musical humming noise from the second floor.

"Any idea who's that?" Athena asks.

"Yea, it's a British friend of mine," I answered.

I walked across the hall and walked up the stairwell. Indigo was sitting criss-crossed on the floor, reading, with the cliche of a few stacked books around her.

"Cheers loves!" She waved with a smile.

"What are you doin here?" I asked.

"Just reading, kinda got bored reading the Tower's library. Plus, the Ishtar Sink has a Collective. But there's Fallen trying to find a way in. But I'll manage. I'll holler out Felix and Tracey if I need help. Who's she?" She asked.

"This is Athena Venj, daughter of the Queen's emissary," I introduced.

"Sup," Athena said.

"Her and I are going to hunt a rouge Fallen house," I said. "House of Wolves."

"Wolves, huh?" Indigo wondered. "I've read about them. Skolas is mingy, I'll tell you that," said Indigo. "But you can handle it."

"Yeah, thanks," I said.

+ + +

After a few hours of Shiplink hunting, we got enough to eavesdrop Fallen comms. They're talking about something with the other Houses. Variks tries to listen, but it's mostly disoriented. All he can translate is that they're talking about the Houses and how they will not make the same mistake in Twilight Gap. All of us couldn't figure it out.

"Wait," I said a moment later. "Other Houses... Twilight Gap."
I put my thoughts into one piece. Now it made sense. "They're going to take control of the Kings and Devils in Earth!" I exclaimed.

"We can't let that happen," Athena assures.

"I know. But we'll find them," I turned back.

"Wait, how are we going to find them?" She asked.

"I've been exploring Old Russia for a long time. I know every back ally and shortcut. I can lead the way."

+ + +

"Been a long time since I've seen Earth," said Athena.

I summon my sparrow. "Well C'mon, we'll cut'em off."

"Wait! I don't have a sparrow," she explained.

"Oh yeah, that's right," I trailed off. "Here, just use my old one."

My sparrow is a Ruby Red Sparrow, the one I gave her was a sparrow I used to have. It's a durable, somewhat slow sparrow. Nolan summoned her the sparrow.

"Girls," Petra checked in. "Skolas is already making his way to the King's hideout."

"Then we'll get there as fast as we can," I implied.

"But we also have Fallen spies breaching through the Cosmodrome Wall. They will control the land borders and force anything to stay inside the walls."

They both seem important. If we invade the King's hideout, we'll stop Skolas, but the spies will gain heavy control of the Devil's and King's Army. If we take out the spies, we'll neutralize the land, but then Skolas will gain control of the King's Barons.

I look to Athena and called her name. "Let's split up; I'll take care of the spies, as you assault the King's hideout."

She agreed. "That's seems like a good idea."

We split up; she drives to the Grottos, as I head towards the Wall. Petra stays on comms with us. "Good luck you too," she says.