Chapter 11: Igniting a Spark

"Where are we going?" Asked Athena.

I kept walking to my ship, carrying half of her luggage. "Oh you'll see," I smiled. I packed her stuff in my ship as Petra said her goodbyes to Athena. By the time I was done, Athena was ready.
"I'm gonna miss this place," she said.

"It's okay, you can come back here whenever you like," I assured.

We entered the ship and turn on the console. I flip the ship's control dashboard on and pilot into orbit. I jump into slipspace to the Tower and landed in the Tower's hanger. Athena follows me as I step out and walk across the Plaza, towards the elevators. As I'm getting there, I look to the right at Tess. She smiles at me and winks. She's a very nice lady. I'm glad she can do me favors.

We enter the elevator and press the button to the 7th Floor. Then I lean against the railing and stare at Athena. She looks around so curious and amazed by the Tower.

When the doors opened, I walked out and went down the hallway to our right. Four doors down was my room. The doors are about fifty feet apart from each other. I open my door. Athena glances at the view, as I get the box.

"This place... this place is amazing," she said.

"Yeah, its big, but not enough to fit all of my stuff," I say in a struggled voice, trying to pull the box out of the closet. Something was stacked on top of it so I tried to pull it out. Athena stares perplexed at me.

"Need help?" She offers.

"Nope, almost got it," I replied. Eventually I pulled it out, but the force I exerted came back at me, causing me to trip back and backflip.
Athena asked if I was okay, and I was. I stood up and handed her the box, untouched. She then held it, then looked at me shocked.

"This isn't- you're serious?" Her eyes popped.

"Go ahead," I giggled. "Open it."

She opened the box from the bottom, lifting the top up. Then she put the top cover aside. She looks inside and watches the pink newborn Ghost slowly float up.

"Hello, Athena," she said. "I'm a Ghost, actually now I'm your Ghost, and well, I've been expecting someone like you to wake me."

Athena was wowed and just too amazed by this, that she dropped the box with her hands in the same position. She was speechless.

"So, how do you like it?" I asked, smiling.

She couldn't respond. The female Ghost flew towards her and disappeared. Assuming the same thing Nolan did, she's probably speaking to her in Athena thoughts.

"I can hear you! Oh my gosh, this is awesome!" Cheered Athena.

I look into the mini library Indigo and I share and pull out an orange, solar handbook called, "Path of The Gunslinger." I hand it to Athena.

"I suggest you read this. You wanna be a Guardian? You gotta learn how to be a Guardian. First thing is your Subclass. Since your First Curse was based off from my Last Word, Golden Gun should fit ya perfectly since, you know, you seem to fit as a Hunter."

She hugged me tightly and thanked me. I told her, you're welcome and that she should register for class and her ID. She thanked me again and ran off. I did a good thing, I hope.

+ + +

When Athena was settled in, she shared a room with her new Fireteam. Since Tara was already a Guardian and she needed one more person in her Fireteam, Athena requested and joined, along side with a Titan. As for me, I went down to the Tower's front office and exited the Tower, driving my Sparrow to my house. When I finally arrived, I knocked on the door. No response. I knocked again and waited. I tapped my toe and waiting more. Then a voice above the house startled me.