Chapter 6: The Silent Fang

I exit my sparrow and walk casually into Sector 16; 16th segment of the Cosmodrome Walls.

"So, these spies," I say to Petra. "Who are they?"

"They are a mercenary group called, 'The Silent Fang.' Very clever and sneaky. My Daughter and I fought side by side against them during the Cybele Uprising... I think it's the only reason why we won," she says. "Anyway, I'm going to check on Athena, I'll keep Variks on comms with you till I come back."

I walk inside the sewer.

"Seeing this place again reminds me when I met you, Nolan," I said.

"Such memories," he replies. "Your resurrection was-"

"11 Months, 7 Days ago," I overlap.

"How do you know that?" He asks in amazement.

"Well, its like a birthday, how can I forget?"

Silence. "I'm kinda glad you remembered," he said.

"No problem," I replied.

At the end of the sewer, I turn to the right door. There's Fallen still here, Devils to be specific. We fought our way through the Wall. When the fight was over, I continue following the path until I meet a long narrow catwalk. Two Tracer Shanks across it with a Reaver Vandal Sniper. I out-sniped them all and continue walking forward. Then it hit me. A Fallen sniper shot hit my side and struck a heavy shock of pain. I growled and popped its head with a golden so fast that he didn't even think out eluding my anger coming his way.

"Freaking Fallen are a pain in the ass, aren't they," I complain.

"You okay?" Nolan asked.

I grip the left side of my hip with my right hand. "Yeah, I'm fine," I grunt.

"I'll focus your Light on healing that," he said.

After that, I kept moving until I made it out the other side of the wall.

"When we captured Skolas, we gave him to the Nine," Petra speaks to herself. "If the Fang helped Skolas's escape. How did they get passed, Them?"

"I think we found them," I reported to her.

"Yes, that's the Fang, eyes up, Guardian."

We opened fire and killed any Fallen in our sights. When a squad was killed, a Skiff when fly down and deploy more Dregs, Vandals, and Captains. Then the third Skiff deployed invisible Fallen. Along that, someone in the Fallen comms spoke in Eliksni.

"That was leader of the Fang," said Variks. "He called you... well, it was an insult."

"Well tell him that I said love you too," I said. I direct my attention the Fallen. "Alright you're not the only one who can go invisible." I pulled out my knife and used my Arc Blade. Upon activation, I became invisible. I ran up behind them and swung my blade. "Swish, swish, twirl." Once they were defeated, I pant and bend down. I take off my helmet and sit down, taking a breather.

"Good job," said Petra. "The Fang is no longer a threat; they can't claim the Devils. Now, there's another house in Earth. And I can say that, that's their only hope. We'll show no mercy to them. Athena!"

No response.

"Athena?" Petra repeats again and again."

"Guardian, I've lost contact with her, go to her last known location and find her!" She demands.

"Got it!" I replied.

I stand up, whip my hair back, and put on my helmet.

"Bring my ship, we'll never make it in time on foot or sparrow," I said to Nolan.

My ship flies down from orbit and teleports me inside when it's close enough to me. I fly to the Grottos, a Hive seeder, and prepare.