Stay on my guard

Ross' POv

Us angels stay in the forest. The trees are covered in blossom and animals scurry amongst the ferns. My wings sometimes get stuck in the branches of the trees. I can't fly yet. Jess is still teaching me how.

The demons on the other hand have huge jet black wings. You cant spot them at night. Us angels and the demons are at war. I'm a little scared of the demons. They have razor sharp teeth and bloody fingers. They live amongst the mountains. Im scared of one demon in particular. Their leader, Sky. He has black bandages over his eyes and a long brown ponytail.  But our leader, aphamau, she has short black hair with purple highlights. Her wings are huge and pink. She keeps us in order and looks after us. Especially red. Now red, he's strong and kind. But his loyalty isn't as trusted as mine. We've noticed his affection to a demon.
The demon he likes is called barney. Barney has smaller wings and red has huge bright red wings with yellow, green, blue, purple and pink at the bottom of his wings.
Barney usually wears a long purple hoodie and has an eye patch.

--------------------------------------

Shelby walked up to me as I pressed my wings together. ''Hey.'' I waved. Shelby has a short temper. She has long red hair and a white paper crown. Her wings are white but tinted pink. She's very loyal to jess and is very... Strange. Her voice is very high pitch, as well.

''Hi'' she replied. She gestured over her shoulder ,''I just saw him trying to go to the mountains.'' I looked to where she was pointing. Red. I sighed. He looked so embarrassed.
''Oh...  Well you can't blame him. He's in love.'' My squirrel ears twitched into his direction.
She raised an eyebrow,''hmm... You're the only one who doesn't doubt his loyalty. Is there someone I Dont know about.'' She smirked and nudged me ''is it max?''

Now max, he's short tempered like Shelby. He has short ginger tinted red hair. His wings have a raven feel to them. He has a golden z around his neck and is always judging his team mates. However... As bad as he seems he's saved my life before... ''No!" I yelled my face flushed
''Mhm..'' She shook her head and rubbed her wings against her back.

-----------------

Back to the last battle they had.

Sky had me pinned against the wall. My tail fluffed up from fear was smashed against the wall behind me. In pain, I yowled out. My greyish wings batted against his.
At first I thought it was good to challenge sky. Until he pulled out the knife, he placed the blade at my throat and grinned 'I'm having fun. How about you?' I gulped and closed my eyes. I waited for him to slash but I heard max instead,
'Sky. Let him go..'
'What? Max!' Sky hissed
'He's a noob. Probably his first fight'
Sky hesitated. 'Fine' he let go and walked away.
I looked up and saw max. He winked at me and bunched his wings together and left..

---------------------

I sat down and watched Shelby swiftly glide away to jess' cave. Yea, cave. We all sleep in separate caves. I really need to keep my feelings for max more hidden.

So~ I hope you like this!