My least favourite traitor saves me

AN: Sorry about the short and crappy chapters. Life's being 90% right now. Im pretty sure my crush is avoiding me but at least thats it. I'm focusing on this story mostly for now so have fun :D I hope you guys are having a great day (or night. Its 8:27pm for me)

Maxs pov

I gagged in the cold water as I opened my eyes. It was quite down here. The water brushed my hair upwards and cleaned my wings.
I smiled to myself before I realised I was drowning. I clenched my fist and reached up. I kicked my legs and then remembered,
I can't swim
My pupils shrank, as thoughts rushed back to me. Red turned on us Barney's dead, sky left. I cried out at the image of barney. Well I tried to cry but the water was making it difficult for me.
I reached up wards again as I fell against rocks. I started to swallow water. The lake around me was cold and dark. The only light I was provided with was the occasional flash of reds power above. I looked at my hands and thought of Ross.
I'm going to die.

Arms wrapped around my sleeves and pulled me upwards. I was to shocked to struggle or react but I was launched into the air. My eyes wider, i spread my wings and saw sky hovering above the water below  and ty watching red and Ross fight. Ross crouched below a cleft as red soared down to see him. I looked at sky. He was soaked. He saved Me I guessed. My least favourite person saved me. Some fuckarey right there.
I saw Barney's body on the lake shore looking peaceful. I winced as i recalled red screaming as barney fell. Reds voice caught my mind, "you gonna help your boyfriend or not?" I looked at him. His hair was scruffy and his rainbow wings dulled. His eyes shone in insanity and his cheeks were red covered in freckles. I landed on the shore and cautiously approached him, "Red" I said calmly
He stared into my eyes and tensed. I looked over his shoulder and saw Ross leaning against the rocks in the cleft.
He looked dazed but held a dagger. His squirrel tail moved up and down in irritation as his eyes teared up.
I wanted to run to his aid but I was too far. Red would kill me and then use the rocks too crush Ross.
I waited.
"Red stop" I said awkwardly and hated my voice for sounding like that. "I'm sorry. Can't we-"
"Max stop it." He interrupted, he spread his wings and lent forwards "I'm going to kill both of you. Tell barney I'm sorry I let him die."