Part Two

Now let us introduce our main character.

Trogon was a male Nightwing, age 22.He had a small triangle of silver scales on his chest. Trogon left the Nightwing island at the age of ten, his head crammed with Nightwing teachings. He explored the world for a year ,and the the sense of superiority easily wore off. Soon after his twelfth birthday , the war started.

One day , while buying chemistry equipment [ his passion was chemistry ] in the Sandwing kingdom ,he was grabbed and shoved into a nearby building . Apparently, they had wanted him to replace the role of a dead assassin. He had received hurried training with a blowgun, and on the night he was supposed to eliminate his target he had killed his 'boss', a Mudwing named Rail, with a poison dart.

It had gone downhill ever since.

And as he headed towards that grove of trees , his right wing torn a little from a recent fight ,he was a harder ,colder character, and  harder to kill.

Trogon had a satchel, in which contained rations and his beloved tools and various delicate glass jars containing dozens of types of minerals and chemicals, many of them unnamed .Under his arm was a good sized sheath, where his bamboo blowpipe lay . Also in his sheath were several darts , engraved with symbols to signify whether they were sleeping or poisonous .

He noticed a abandoned shack , a perfect hiding place , and dropped down towards it .

***

Unknown to him, a dragon was watching his descent . I 've found him ! she thought as she sighted Trogon from a distant tree .

She glided across the desert , the light from the cold stars reflected in her red scales . She arrived at her camp , where a copper-red Skywing was waiting for her orders .

" Go as fast as you can . " she said as she scribbled on a scroll . "Urgent . "

"Yes ma'm ." the Skywing said . He took off and flew as fast as he could .

***

Astrolabe paced across the control center at his gargantuan hidden base . His eye rested on a massive map of the continent of Pyrrhia . On the map were several clay figures ,around two dozen . They were sculpted into different tribes , and were located in many different locations , from the Bay of a Thousand Scales to even the Icewing kingdom .

Dragons surrounded the map on all sides .

"Agent Egret has moved his position . " droned a Icewing crouched over a scroll as he slowly moved a small clay figure  of a Mudwing towards the Mudwing kingdom .

All the sudden , a scroll tumbled down a wooden chute onto a stone table . A aide rushed up to the platform and handed it to Astrolabe .

Found target Trogon . location : outside Song in Sandwing kingdom . a shack . suggeste strike .

Globetrotter

'Organize a strike by the 3rd wing on Song , in the Sandwing kingdom ." Astrolabe said to his head of strategy , a Seawing named Crab .

"Yes sir ! Anything else ? "

" Tell them to strike the village first , then comb the area . The target is a Nightwing named Trogon . "

"Yes sir . "

" Permission to use firebombs ."

Soon, in a large bay , the 3rd wing was assembled for combat .They were all Skywings , exept for a trio of Icewings .

The wooden door rolled up . Its exterior surface was colored and textured to look like the grey rock surrounding it .

The unit took flight , moving smoothly and efficiently .

Meanwhile , deep in the fortress , a dragon hunkered over a large map announced , " Thirty minutes until arrival ."