Part Nine

Trogon moved across the ground .As the guard turned away,trogon jumped and threw a talon over the guard's snout. He knocked him out,and threw the guard into the woods. He opened a concealed trapdoor,and climbed down a steel ladder. Steel. He thought. Quite a luxury.

He stared at his identification scroll. Vigilante,it said.

He entered a dark rock tunnel,lit by large torches. He noticed a sign,and followed the arm that said 'archive'. He passed no one else,and found a door labeled 'archives'.He entered the small room,and stepped to the index. His eyes gravitated to the most recent operation recorded.

Operation Landrove. He went to a shelf and took out a large scroll.

Operation Landrove.

Summery:This project aims to put Seafire in power. Sufficient dragons have been recruited ,but they are not enough to launch a full head-on attack. We will launch  surprise attacks on the targets in order. Agents will conduct espionage on targets,according to their assignments given by the commanders.

Order;

1.Skywings

They will be attacked first,having the most superiority on land. Their army is susceptible to a concentrated attack on their major supply depots,leaving them in the open with no way to request reinforcements.

It went on and on,and Trogon knew he was dealing with a massive attack,possibly the end and subjugation of Pyrrhia. He must alert the nearest Skywing patrol.

***

He headed towards the bay,and realized he would have to fight his way in. He went slowly around the bay placing each time a dragonflame cactus and a large piece of pyrite and ignited it.

He ducked behind the crate as a explosion rocked the bay. As a dragon yelled,a crate of dragonflame went up near his position,and Trogon felt a few pricks along his spine. He jumped up and shot a armed soldier. A Sandwing returned fire,and Trogon ducked,and pitched a vial of fire-breath. After the explosion,there was complete silence. Trogon locked the entrances,and headed towards the bay door.

***

"Sir!"yelled a Seawing."The bay's locked!No survivors,we believe."he shouted to Astrolabe.

"Send one of the Defense Wings."he said nonchalantly .

***

Meanwhile,in a tunnel near the bay,A group of Icewings, armed to the teeth with sabres were prepared to attack the bay.