Part Ten

The Icewing unit blew open the door and marched in.The room was deserted.A few fires still ran,and the remnants of a demolished crate sat at one corner.The bodies of dead dragons were spread around the grimy,bloody bay.The soldiers stepped over the corpses,scanning the nooks and crannies of the loading unit crates.
"What do you think happened, sir?" a soldier asked.
"We're here to find out." the commander said grimly.
In between one of the crates,a Icewing stepped around a corner,and was met with a barrel.
Trogon hid the guard,and loaded the barrel.
He tossed a vial,and all hell broke loose.A explosion consumed a pair of soldiers,and the other four soldiers were all shot.
Trogon kept up a steady rate of fire.He ducked behind a crate,and loaded a flare.
************
A nearby Skywing patrol was on way back to the base for their battalion when a bright red stream lighted up the sky near the mountains.
After reporting the anomaly,a Skywing squad was sent to investigate.
************
Meanwhile, Trogon was holding his own,and the soldiers could not stop him.A guard rushed towards the crates,but was shot down.Another unit was sent in,and soon soldiers returned fire.
The Skywing squad arrived,and fought violently, capturing the bay with heavy casualties. Soon,a squadron was requested,and the lower levels were under Skywing control.
Two days later,the base was demolished,and no survivors had escaped.The Skywings were triumphant.
As for that ,Trogon had escaped the battle.