Part Three

Thump .

Trogon woke from a light sleep.

Thump . Thump .

He peered out of the only window of his hideout and saw a flash of flame rocket up to the dark sky .  He also smelled a whiff of smoke .

Firebombs .

He slowly drew the blowpipe of the sheath, hoping no one was intending to shoot him with a blowpipe. He took aim at a Skywing grappling a Sandwing , and hoped he was hitting the aggressor ,not the victim . Now that he looked at the duel closer , he noticed the Skywing was making vicious strikes and successful feints,while the Sandwing was blocking clumsily . And with a quiet shoomp  the unnamed Skywing was sent from this world to the next . 

Trogon killed as many as two other raiders with his sniper skills . But now the troops were turning their attention on finding him . He removed himself from his position .

Now to cause a distraction...

He reached into his bag and drew a one of his larger jars out . It was called Pyrite , and made a magnificent fire when ignited . He removed a small piece near the shack .

 It is unfortunate I do not have any Dragonflame cactus on hand , but this will work .

Trogon breathed a gentle flame on the mineral, and ran as the fire leaped into the cold air, ran as if the Darkstalker himself was chasing him .

As two Icewing soldiers yelled and ran in the direction of  the new fire , Trogon flew as fast as he could towards Possibility , three day's flight away .